looking for a case for a htpc? (you not me)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tim Brewers, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Tim Brewers

Tim Brewers Agent

Sorry if this is old news, but I did a search and didn't find any similar posts.
    here is a new case specifically made to be used for a HTPC. It is pretty spendy, but looks pretty cool.
    Here is the case,
    and Here is a review of the case.
    Brew

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Oh that's freaking beautiful! The example shown has a p4 2.4ghz with 533mhz bus, kinda overkill doncha think!? It also has all the goodies we talk about here on the forum; MAudio AudioPhile 24/96 sound card, Radeon 9000+, an HDTV card... With a DVD-RW drive that would be the perfect machine. Nice find Tim.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I'll take 3!

3. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

Yeah they're talking about that one over at avsforum and I'm considering buying one to build my HTPC. I recently bought a MyHD card and now I feel both the HD and the HTPC bug biting me.

This is the second version of the Digitalis Vision case, totally revamping the manufacturing because of serious misalignment problems with the first version, so serious that they're offering an exchange to those who bought the first version.

Okay, I'm finished considering it. I just placed my order. It's pricey but what the hell. Merry Christmas to me. Now for the rest of the components. I've already got the MyHD card and a Radeon 9000 Pro which I'll lift from my P3 800 desktop machine. Time to shop for a P4 motherboard, MAudio, etc... And I guess I'll need the orbital display too.

But... it isn't available in a "champagne" finish? Just kidding. Make mine black.

4. Tim Brewers

Tim Brewers Agent

Ya, I am catching the bug too. But it will have to wait until after christmas. [​IMG] Mabye the price will come down in the next couple months.
    Brew

5. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

Oh Lord I got the bug real bad.

I just finished ordering almost all my HTPC components. Still need to order the Matrix Orbital panel and the audio card. But I need to do some research first.

My credit card is going to melt.