What's new

Looking for a 5.1 Full System ~$2000 to replace Andrew Jones Pioneer Setup. Please Help (1 Viewer)

iStorm

Agent
Real Name
Rob
Hi everyone,

I am new to the home theater game and recently purchased the Andrew Jones 5.0 Pioneer setup, and have now tried 3 subwoofers (Andrew Jones, Klipsch 12", and Definitive Technology Supercube 2000). I am not happy with the quality, even though I live in an apartment.

BTW the only sub that sounds "good" to me is the DT Supercube 2000 and it is the most expensive.

My main goal is to crisp vocals and action, while watching movies.. So the front tower speakers and center channel are really important o me.

I mainly watch Blu-Rays on my 65" JS8500 4K TV.

My budget for a complete system: AV Receiver and 5.1 Setup is $2000

I would like to go to the local audio stores (Best Buy Magnolia, Fry's, Ovation Audio) and actually hear the recommendations so I would prefer to hear first if possible.

Please help me out.. This has been so stressful and I have to return/exchange a lot of stuff because I just read reviews and went out and bought a lot of stuff without actually hearing it, except for the DT sub at the BB Magnolia.

Thanks

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Fry:

Infinity Primus (nevermind, won't work, the center is only available at Amazon and Ebay)
Polk TSX (even though Polk Direct on eBay is half the money and you could swing RTi instead, you are allergic to online)

Ovation:

Nothing in your price range in speakers.

Best Buy:

Same Polk Fry has.
Klipsch Synergy(although BIC Acoustech costs less and gets better reviews, you are allergic to online)

Subs:

BIC(nevermind, you are allergic to online)
HSU(nevermind, you are allergic to online)
SVS(nevermind, you are allergic to online)

(with a refusal to buy online, especially the subwoofer, you are hamstrung at $2000. Let me guess, Best Buys spiff on the X series prevented the sales clerk from showing you the S710? I could tell you, exactly, why BB doesn't like selling Onkyo vs Denon/Marantz/Yamaha/Elite, but I'd get in trouble)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks