What's new

looking for "9 Songs" completly uncut and unedited - which region? (1 Viewer)

Albert Noel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Noel
as the title says, i'm looking for a copy of the film "9 songs"
i'm interested in finding the most complete, uncut/unedited version of the film, but which region has it? the R1 release even though it says "directors cut/uncut" isnt fully uncut.

can anyone point me in the right direction?

RichardCrowther

Stunt Coordinator

The UK R2 is definitely fully unedited. It can usually be found discounted nowadays, too.

What's missing from the so-called director's cut in the r1 version?

Albert Noel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Noel

the films actual runtime is 71 minutes but the claimed "directors cut" R1 release is only 69 minutes. so a full two minutes is cut.

Jeff Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Haven't seen it, but maybe the R1 is a converted PAL transfer, which would account for the two minute disparity.

RichardCrowther

Stunt Coordinator
The BBFC list the uncut film running time as 70m 33s, and the (PAL) DVD as running 66m 46s. This would suggest that the R1 is PAL-derived. Who knows, however? :D

I suppose, unless anything obvious is missing, it is possible that the shortfall in running time on the R1 disc might be down to different logos at the start of the film. As can be seen above, the uncut version isn't quite 71 minutes, and it depends how close to 69 minutes the R1 is. If it's just a matter of seconds difference, I'm guessing it may very well simply be logos.

It does seem odd that an unrated director's cut would be edited. I wonder if one of the songs couldn't be cleared for use in the US, and so that scene in question was removed entirely? Doubtful - it would mean removing more than just 90-120 seconds worth of footage.

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
Although the actual film is uncut in the UK at an 18 cert for both cinema and DVD the BBFC (British rating agency), rated some of the proposed extras R18 (Restricted 18), which means the content can only be sold through licensed adult shops and can not be sold mail order within the UK. Therefore Optimum did not include these on the UK DVD.
They are extended versions of the sex scenes in the film and hence because they were not being shown in context to the rest of the film they got an R18 rather than 18 certificate.
These have not appeared on any release worldwide so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks