Looking for 36"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Christo Ramo, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Christo Ramo

Christo Ramo Stunt Coordinator

Anyone know of a model 36" tube tv that they would highly reccomend in the $1300.00 range? I have looked at a few Sony WEGA's but for that money they are stripped down - is there an equal competitor to the WEGA's?

2. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Look at some toshiba's they are much cheaper than the sony models so you might be able to get a step up over the sony.

3. GordonL

GordonL Supporting Actor

I picked up a new Hitachi 36UDX10S on closeout for $1000 at Sears last week. Superb picture with DVD and hi-def sources, mediocre to very good with satellite (keep in mind that that is highly dependent on the bitrate). Some of the reviews I've read prefer it to the Sony. If the curved screen doesn't bother you and you only need one set of component inputs, that is the best deal I've seen in awhile. What features are you looking for?

4. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Yes but the Toshibas have the best picture i have ever seen on poor sources, but then i have to admit i only compared them to the sony and panny's.