Looking for 300 +1 DVD changers....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Holton, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Jeff Holton

Jeff Holton Stunt Coordinator

My brother is looking to purchase a 300 DVD changer. The only two reasonably priced products I know of are the Pioneer and Sony models (both about $500)...

He would prefer to buy it from a store (would consider buying it online if it is a LARGE and REPUTABLE company).

It doesn't seem like anyone carries it anymore.

Has anyone seen these lately?

Thanks

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Jeff, I belive the Pioneer units have been discontinued. Why they have not offered replacement units is beyond me. Sony, however, recently released the DVP-CX875P 301-disc model with progressive-scan output. It sells for $500 through brick-and-mortar dealers and crutchfield.com. However, your brother should be able to get a better price through J&R Music World (1-800-221-8180), OneCall (1-800-340-4770), or Oade Bros. (1-229-228-4480 or 1-229-228-0093). All three are authorized dealers and legitimate. Note, however, that OneCall and Oade Bros. charge a restocking fee if you wish to return an item simply because you don't like it. J&R does not charge a restocking fee, but you pay return shipping. Crutchfield doesn't charge a restocking fee and picks up the return shipping charge, but you pay more through them.

3. Jeff Holton

Jeff Holton Stunt Coordinator

Keith,

Thanks for the info... I'll pass it on to my brother so he can check it out.

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Jeff, no problem. There is a thread on the 'CX875P running on this board right now. Actually, I think it's an older thread that just resurfaced. Look for the thread with '875' in subject for more information on this player.

5. Steve_Corrick

Steve_Corrick Stunt Coordinator

Just another option, You might try www.accessories4less.com Factory authorized Marantz closeout-refurb dealer. They had the Marantz VC-8100 300xDVD ( no +1 slot ) for 499.00 last month, 1 yr Mfr's factory wty. Original retail price around 1500.00
    I bought mine for 750.00 over a year ago, very nice unit excellent video and audio. Not always in stock - FYI, If is not listed on the A4L web site they are currently out of stock, Just have to check frequently. Not progressive scan.

6. Joe T.

Joe T. Auditioning

just thought i would let you know i bought mine from etronics.com, shipped to my door for 479.00. I have it hooked up to my Sony Wega flat screen and the picture is great. good luck