What's new

Looking doe a "9-11" DVD... (1 Viewer)

Richard_T

Second Unit
After the terrible events of 9-11 a show was on TV that followed a couple of cameramen (I think they were brothers) that were filming the lives of the NY firefighters on Sept 11, 2001. I thought it was a very good show that I unfortunately did not tape. At the end of the show they said that the show would be produced and sold on DVD but I never did find it anywhere. Does anyone remember this show and know if the DVD ever came out?

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Yes, I have that DVD and it is very good and very well done. There is also a 9-11 DVD that CNN released and one that CBS released with a book called "What We Saw." All of them are pretty outstanding. The 9-11 by the two filmmakers, along with the CNN release, I picked up at Best Buy when they first came out. I'm sure they aren't difficult to find.

RossH

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ross Hudgins
I've had trouble finding the 9/11 documentary at A&B Sound and Future Shop. Course, I have trouble finding a lot of stuff in Regina. Online might be a better bet for special interest titles like that...or a bigger city. ;)

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Paramount Home Video's release of the Gaudet brothers' 9-11 documentary is powerful indeed, a must for any collection. Even with just the documentary and the extra interview footage with people involved in that day, that's really all you need. That's one of the very few DVDs that works well where restraint is concerned.

In addition, another DVD I can recommend is part of a book/DVD collection, "What We Saw: The Events of September 11, 2001". Dan Rather shows the highlights from that day, as well as the first few days afterwards.

Now one I would love to see on video or DVD is the first Late Night with David Letterman that ran after 9-11. I should have videotaped it, but I didn't. Letterman was completely unrestrained in his thoughts about the disaster, and at his most human. He gave voice to what we were feeling at that time, and thank goodness that CBS chose not to censor him. Dan Rather was also at his most emotional that night as well.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
It's by the NAUDET brothers, not Gaudet.

Also, the HBO documentary called In Memoriam: New York City 9/11/01 is one of the best, along with the Naudet's 911 documentary.

Those two are far and away the best documents of that horrific day.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
The great thing about the Naudet brothers' documentary is that it is truly in the moment, so it never feels insincere in its motives, or manipulative, or anything that plagues many docuemtnaries.

To me it's most comparable to the Zapruder film - just their, observing - and in the long run just as historically important.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks