Looking at wires/interconnects

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Kane, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

I have restacked my equipment rack in prep for my new Anthem MCA3 frontstage amp for my Paradigms. So now I can get a pair of BetterCables Silver Serpents 0.5 meter audio cables ($80)for the Denon 370 CD player. Ok so far.

Now I need three 1-meter cables for the Anthem-to-Yamaha AVR. Am I still in the Silver Serpent ballpark ($130) for this application?

I looked up Outlaw Cables, too, but they only offer .5 mtr and 1.8 mtr,(which wud give me some unneeded slack, but so what).

bill

2. PomingF

PomingF Second Unit

Agree with Andrew you'll appreciate the difference the solid silver conductors of the SilverCats make. I do.

PF

3. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

thx andrews & PF.

Ive sent SilverCat folks a msg re an order!

4. Bob Santos

Bob Santos Agent

I third the notion for Cat Cables.

I use a set of Silver Cats between my Pre/Pro, and amp. I couldn't be happier with them.

Definately worth a look when cable shopping.

5. JoshS

JoshS Stunt Coordinator

Bill,

Here's another nod for the silvercats. I use them between my cd and int. amp and couldn't be happier. Good luck.

Josh

6. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

I'll say this:

while awaiting my new Cd-to-rcvr analog audio cables, I switched out the RS Gold I was using to a tape deck connection. Then looking in my wire box, I found a set of those out-of-the-storebox red/white audio cables and used em on the CDP.

Really ugh! Immediately I noticed the midrange had lost clarity and the higher range was like FATIGUING.

Why do manufacturers even bother with these worthless cables? (no ans reqd)

7. Brian Kleinke

Brian Kleinke Supporting Actor

I looked at the cost to buy Component video for everything I needed and went EAK! So instead I took the plunge and bought the tools to make my own cables, and I don't think I'll ever pay more then $3.5 / ft + $10 for ends again.

Thanks to all the DIY Cable info I've learned from this forum.

Brian

8. PomingF

PomingF Second Unit

Brian, it's all a matter of priorities.
    I am using SilverCats, Kimber & MIT cables in my stereo music system(s) while my 4 year old video system only gets my home made component cables out of RS parts for what I consider adequate performance. [​IMG]
    PF