Looking at this projector.....Panny.....your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Michael Robinson, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Michael Robinson

Michael Robinson Auditioning

Here is the website plus it comes with a draper 106" screen. It seems like a good price but i can't find the actuall panasonic part#. What are your thoughts.
    I'm thinking on getting the 4800 from sams club with screen for 1239.00. I really want a good projector for under 1999.99. And are front projectors really better than rear projectors.
    Please reply,
    Mike

Edit: I found the part# for the panasonic it's PTL300U

2. Michael Robinson

Surely there is someone out there who can give some advice on the projectors.

3. ChrisChap

ChrisChap Stunt Coordinator

There are a ton of threads that have been posted here discussing the Panny 300. You should do a search to get some of that info.

If you are just looking to find out if the price you are getting is a good deal, you should probably tell us what that price is. [​IMG]

4. Ian-Fl

Ian-Fl Second Unit

The Panasonic 300u is one of last years popular models. It has a smooth screen technology which reduces the screen door effect. It can be had for a good price because Panasonic has introduced the 500u since then.
    http://www.projectorcentral.com/Panasonic-PT-L300U.htm The Infocus screenplay 4800 is a rebadged X1.
    http://www.projectorcentral.com/screenplay_4800.htm
    It's a DLP projector so you better do research to see if you prefer the Panasonic LCD or Infocus DLP. Projectorcentral.com is a great place to start.

5. Brent Avery

Brent Avery Supporting Actor

Michael:

I'll keep it short and let others do the talking - go to the AVS Forum site ( AV Science ) and search to your heart's content. All your questions can be answered there, and some you probably never thought of. I was in the dark ( bit of humour there ) on front projectors until I found this site. I finally ended up with the Panasonic AE500 - couldn't be happier! You should be able to find one for under $2000 - and it is a noticeable improvment over the 300 - especially with HD material. Oh yes, and wouldn't you rather watch a movie on a 100" screen? Search and you shall find!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Michael Robinson

thanks
    I check out that website
    mike