What's new

Looking at divas vs. HTD level 3 (1 Viewer)

carlos f

Grip
I know the divas (4.1 package) get tons of love from the major forums but I want to specifically know if anyone has a/b'ed these with htd level 3 towers.

I just got my htds about 2 months ago and while i'm extremely happy i just can't help but get caught up in all the buzz. I paid just over $850 for the towers, bookshelves, and center. W/the specials on av123.com i can get the 4.1 package for about $1300 including tax and shipping.

So, the question is is it worth it?

I know all the diva owners will say yes, but I'd really like to see if anyone has compared the two.

Thanks,

Carlos

carlos f

Grip
Juan,

I tried that but unfortunately i don't have

anyone nearby to audition. I'd like to get

some feedback from owners and ultimately

i'll make the journey to audition somewhere.

Thanks,

Carlos

Nico

Stunt Coordinator
Carlos,

Also post this on cheaphometheater's forum. They're the one who compare diva and htd along with axiom.

Nico

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
Since you already own the HTD's I would just enjoy them. While they aren't Divas ;) they are very nice speakers and a good bang for the buck.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Carlos;
As Chris said, I've owned both the HTD Level III speakers and the Diva 4.1 set you are considering (the 4.1s, 2.1s, and C3). I have never heard the towers HTD makes, but I'm certain that I have a good idea what they sound like based on my experiences with their bookshelf speakers.
I can tell you without question, that the Divas completely anhilate the HTDs in every regard. The high-end is juicier and more detailed. The mid-range is much cleaner amd defined, and the looks of these speakers far out class the boxy HTDs. Probably the only thing that the HTDs do better is bass, but if you have a good subwoofer, then you won't have to worry about that much.
If you listen to a lot of music, the Divas will bring the sound quality of those recordings to a completely new level. I've listened to many of my old CDs on my new speakers and I still find myself with my jaw gaping open in amazement at how good they sound. Home theater applications will improve as well, but probably not as dramatically as the improvement is for music.
If you do decide to upgrade the HTDs, I cannot recommend the Divas strongly enough.
It's exciting to read his reviews!!
Thanks, Chris! I appreciate that! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks