Looking at buying Orion, need some help!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrettisMckinney, Nov 17, 2002.

1. BrettisMckinney

BrettisMckinney Second Unit

Hi, I'm pretty broke but looking to get a new TV. A friend can get me some really good prices on Orion Widescreen Tv's. The one im looking at is a 76cm WS Flat screen 100hz. And a nice price. I was hoping someone could tell me if i should stay clear of this brand or if they are any good. I would appreciate it heaps. Thanks.

Also, i really wanted a tv with component input but this says something about SCART and S-VHS. Is S-VHS the same as S-Video and is it still better than composite?

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

FYI to the general membership: Orion sells in the U.K. SCART connections are the norm across the pond.

3. BrettisMckinney

Can you tell me if they are a budget brand or are they good?

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Brettis: Based on my readings of U.K. home-theater publications, it looks very much as if Orion is a low-end marque. When you can, swing for a model from one of the better-known manufacturers. JB

5. BrettisMckinney

Well for the same price i can get a 66cm Toshiba WS which i no would be great, but i thought, if the Orion isnt too bad, then for a 76cm at the same price why not.