1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking at a few new items

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by CaseyLS, Nov 4, 2002.

1. CaseyLS

CaseyLS Second Unit

I was at a local car and home audio store yesterday and I was looking recievers. The one that caught my eye was the Denon AVR 1403. It was priced at $300. First off, is it a good prive and also is it a decent reciever. From what I have seen around here Denon is a respected brand. I also saw a 25 ft long subwoofer cable (Monster) for I believe $30 dollars. Is that a good price. I am asking because I don't have a lot of money to throw away.

Now for the third issue. I bought HTiB back in August from Walmart. I paid $300 and I was wondering if $200 would be a fair asking price. I am looking to sell it in my dorm rather than over the internet. I am going to post it at $225 because I will epect to be talked down in price but I will only go down to $200.

Thanks in advance for any opions.

Casey Stoddard

2. Darren Mortensen

Darren Mortensen Stunt Coordinator

GO KU!
    Hey, Casey!
    Sounds like a fair price on the HTiB. As for the cable, shop at RadioShack. Their GoldSeries cables are a fine buy! As for the reciever, I am not fluent with that model! Hey, you can get some fine deals at Kief's Audio there in Lawrence...but you probably have been there. They are not nearly as good as they were 5 to 10 years ago. But check out their "open box" units...also the new models will be hitting the floor soon...so they will be cutting prices on current models.[​IMG]

3. CaseyLS

CaseyLS Second Unit

OK here's what I got. I sold my Sony HTiB for $200 to a friend and I bought the Marantz 4200. It was regularly priced at $400 but I got it for $300. So I am very happy.

4. Ryan Leemhuis

Ryan Leemhuis Second Unit