looking 2 buy a good ht 5.1 system help needed

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Ronald T Shaw, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Ronald T Shaw

Ronald T Shaw Auditioning

lost most control of my fingers so pleaqe bear with me, it hurts like hell 2 type.

Im bedridden with 3 computers & 17 speakers in my bedroom so its full of computers, networking equiptment and books.
    I currently have a panasonic SC-HT75 home system with built in 5 cd changer. problem is this changer wont read vcds, dvd mp3 disks, etc. in oter words the laqtest format..
    So first i buoght a cheap $50,00 dvd unit from hsc the thing actually played my mp3 DVDs i created with nero.
    but since its external and the ht75 only has internal 5.1 dolby & dts I couldnt do anything extra with the unit (like matrixed 6 channel) etc.
    So i decided to look for something that would
    So far I a trying a yamaha htr-5650 receiver (seems to be over kill for this bedroom).

iS THERE a hometheater system that does 5.1 with aux digital inputs along with analog about 60 watts?

all i wanted was a system i could play music dvds (mp3/wma) with 5.1 sound (synthesized i guess)isnt it pro logic II?

without me spending 1000 buxs?
    heres what i just bought but want 2 take back to best buy
    yamaha HTR-5650 receiver $349.00
    Sony dvp-nc655P 5 cd changer they said it would read DVD m3 disks but it doesnt only reads cd mo3 disks.
    Yaamaha NS-P230 speakers (doesnt do this great receiver justice cause i can hardly crank it u anyway in this bedroom)
    pioneer dv563a singoe dvd player, nice and it does play dvd mp3 created disks but its only one unit i wanted a multiunit cause i cant get up and change dvds - wife has 2 do it and u know how they can mutter/mumble ... women..

i appreciate anny suggestions or recommendations..

2. VinhT

VinhT Second Unit

Keep the Yamaha receiver and the $50 DVD player. I believe all modern receivers (at any price point) are capable of doing what you require. I'm not sure how to describe the process, without knowing the specifics of your receiver. For example, on my old receiver (2001 Pioneer), you just switch to the source that you want and enable the DSP of your choice, whether it be Hall, Stadium, Dolby Pro Logic, etc. In your case, you would just turn on the Dolby Pro Logic II processing.

Hope this helps somewhat.

-Vinh

3. Ronald T Shaw

Ronald T Shaw Auditioning

yeah it really sounds dynamite! i just converted some old amiga sound tracker and mod files to mp3, burnt em to a with a little over 100 fils aong with some mp3 albums. they convrted mods sound great when u add multi channel dsp effcts. they sound like entirely new files.

the best so far is the deep forest cd by deep forest (or mp3s) if u r into that type of stuff and i am..
    i may keep this multi mp3 cd only while looking for a dvd mp3 player cause it hasnt5 skippd yet either and some ofthse mp3s skipped on the 50 bux model (only a few)
    sounda great hearing these stereo sounds in 5.1 or 6.1 surround especially with the added control from this receiver. but i probably need 2 knock out a wall so i can have room for a btter sub wof and other spkrs..

only thing i wish the receiver had was on screen display. it has tons of features and i have 2 raise my bed to see the display since my component cabnet is so low (holds 32 inch tv, dual vcrs cause i was 2 lazy 2 unplug one), 2 dvd playrs, my digital cable box, smc ez-stream network thingy, remote ir hdphone controller, sima 4x digital/analog auto av switcher, hawkins 10/100/1000 5 port network hub and other crap.. i really need a wall knocked out (and this is a new house haha)..
    cant find anyone 2 raise this cabinet 10-12 inches cause they panice when they see all the stuff in it - they dont think they can get all the stuff hooked up again i cant because of damage 2 my hands.

my repair room is the same, so much electronic stuff (audio/computer) that its full - once in a while i crawl in there just to reminise (sp) or grab some of my x-10 stuff. wish i knew before hand i was gonna be bdridden (would have bought more toys faster!)