1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Lookin' like GTA3 for Xbox is Xtinct...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Derrik Draven, May 17, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Larry Seno Jr.

Larry Seno Jr. Supporting Actor

Romier-

What in your opinion makes a console superior to others? because I'm very specific in my word choice, when I say superior console. Im only speaking of the console itself:

What makes the X-Box Superior over PS2:

Better hardware:

Bettter video card

Built in hard drive and ethernet

Ouputs 480p AND in game 5.1

Built in support for FOUR gamepads

Easier to develop for

What OBJECTIVE arguments can anyone put forth for the PS2

being superior on its OWN merits (As opposed to the fanboyism of "It's all about the games") because in a world of apples to apples development when it comes to games, the GTA4 which is made for the X-Box is going to just DOMINATE without ANY questions the PS2 made GTA4 because at their top, the Xbox SMOKES the PS2.

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

3. ChrisV

ChrisV Second Unit

Come on, Brian, we all know the 'Box is neither pretty nor little. [​IMG]

4. walter wagers

Well Brian, I'll see your "yawn" and raise you one. I may piss'n moan about the lack of a GTA game coming to the Xbox, but I don't consider Halo, RSC, PGR or DOA3 to be "bugger". GTA is the ONLY game on PS2 that would entice me to pick one up, and that alone ain't good enough. Halo alone probably isn't a good enough reason for some to plunk down the coin for an Xbox, and that's okay- more power to 'em. But I still have plenty of quality games to suit me for now on my pretty little BLACK box. Why do I get the feeling you're not leaning towards a 'box for your next-gen purchase?

5. Prentice Cotham

Prentice Cotham Supporting Actor

GTA Vice City is coming to PC as well.

6. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Walter, my yawn had nowt to do with "My console is better than yours" & everything to to do with the fanboy comment. And I wasn't meaning the XBox has no games on it - it was a general comment - all the tech in the world is meaningless if there's no games released for it that are worth playing. Once more, back to "It's all about the games". But that makes me a fanboy, sorry.

7. Romier S

Romier S Producer

8. walter wagers

You post on here quite often. (2400+ post and counting.) I know you well enough. You may disagree. That's okay.

9. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

10. BrianB

BrianB Producer

You obviously /don't/ know me well enough, Walter. Hell, the original comment that kicked off that thread last night was "I know you really want an XBox."

11. walter wagers

Romier, the titles I listed we as Xbox owners know are very good. But the average Joe who may be leaning one way or another will probably never know that because they won't give them a chance simply because the Xbox doesn't have the premier system seller- GTA. Sony already has more well known franchise's like the FF and GT series for instance, which gives them a huge advantage from the get go. Now whether those games are superior to equivalent Xbox games or not doesn't really matter. They have huge name recognition. The Xbox has Halo. That's it. And that's not enough. The 'box better come up with another huge buzz worthy game soon, or it's gonna be game over man. And that would be a damn shame.

12. walter wagers

Like I said Brian, it's okay...

13. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

14. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris

15. walter wagers

Evan, by "buzz worthy", I mean something that actually lives up to the hype after it's release. Halo has been it. Perhaps I expressed that badly. Too many games so far for the 'box have either been ho-hum ports or dissappointing (Bloodwake and Wreckless, anyone?). The best games so far imo, have come out of left field (PGR, RSC) with very little fanfare leading up to their release. I hope to God that Project Ego and Brute Force are as good as advertised, not only because I could use some new games, but because if they're good, they'll most likely be successful, further improving the chance that the Xbox will be around awhile. Yes, I know it's only seven months into the 'box's life, but perception is reality, and the reality is that right now, PS2 is handing the 'box it's ass in a jar as far as games go. I hope E3 really does prove that the best is yet to come for the Xbox.

16. Ryan Peddle

Ryan Peddle Second Unit

17. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

18. BrianB

BrianB Producer

19. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

Joe S.
    Bairdy, that is too funny. Just about as close to the truth as you can get too!

I don't know folks, I wouldn't hold my breath on a GTA game ever coming to a non-Sony console. I love to play Xbox games and will buy Xbox for multi-platform, but GTA on an Xbox is only slightly less likely than Halo on the PS2. Why wouldn't Sony give Rockstar their first born to keep GTA on the PS2? They won't let that license slip away.

I have to admit that Romier has a good point too: I'm so used to playing GTA games with the dual shock, I don't know if I would like the feel of the Xbox controller for the same game. 100% pavlovian conditioning, but it's there.

Enjoy Halo, buy a used PS2 or PC if you need a GTA fix...

20. James D S

James D S Screenwriter

That was hilarious! Great find, Brian.

Somewhere, an Xbox fanboy-fanatic just got the confirmation he needed - Suspecting all along that the lie of GTA not coming to the Xbox was just Eastern propaganda from the infidels at Sony.