look out for sneak previews of new Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Movies' started by andrew markworthy, May 1, 2004.

1. andrew markworthy

Various cinemas in the UK are showing sneak previews of the new Harry Potter movies on May 31st. I know this is stating the obvious, but it might be worthwhile checking your local movie theatres in case they're doing the same in other countries. The reason for saying this is that as far as I can see, these previews haven't been heavily promoted, and when I went in to my local cinema this morning the girl at the ticket booth didn't even know about them (in fairness, she looked them up on their computer and two minutes later I was the proud owner of four tickets for the earliest of the sneak previews).

2. Tino

Tino Lead Actor
    Supporter

Valentino
    I think this is more common overseas. Neither of the previous Harry Potter films had sneak previews and I doubt this one will either.

Sneak previews are usually done to promote word of mouth on less heavily promoted films. Since the Potter films have an immense built in fan base, I don't think that they are neccessary, but you never know.

3. Ernest Rister

Ernest Rister Producer

Was it the same sneak preview aired on ABC during Sorcerer's Stone?

4. Tino

Tino Lead Actor
    Supporter

Valentino
    Andrew is referring to advance theatrical screenings of the complete motion picture, not trailers.

5. andrew markworthy

It's just occurred to me that there is a good reason why we might be getting advance screenings in the UK this time round. Basically, for most UK kids, the week in question is a vacation for most schools and the Monday of that week is a bank holiday (basically a national secular vacation). It may simply be cashing in on a potentially lucrative market.