Look no further Princetons AF3.OHD tv

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John David Rage, Aug 2, 2001.

1. John David Rage

I haven't actually seen this tv . I've read online reviews and all of them say that it's basically the best you can get , looks absolutely amazing, it's a "reference" monitor , designed to spec with the help of JOE KANE. Now I thought to my self. I buy this tv , if I ever get the money and that's it ...it's all done, no more tweaking no nothing. This goes for the people here, I mean , if you got the cash, but this, it's a no brainer, it's been ISF'ed already. It's greyscale is superb, I seen some numbers and across the board it came out in the 64 ....something values...nothing below 64 something, within like no less then say 200 degrees kalvin. It's the holy grail, with "true blacks".
    Designed by industry guru, Joe Kane, Princeton HDTV's have accurate colorimetry, superb linear grey scale, and excellent white balance and uniformity giving DVD, DBS, computer graphics, and terrestrial HDTV broadcasts unsurpassed image quality and film like realism. With a true 40 Mhz video amplifier and horizontal scanning rates to 50 kHz, Princeton HDTV performance exceeds what is commonly available in the market today and will meet your display needs well into the next millenium.
    [Edited last by John David Rage on August 02, 2001 at 05:23 AM]

2. David Abrams

David Abrams Stunt Coordinator

John,
    I am sorry to inform you that while that set is the best DirectView Monitor on the market it should still be tweaked by an ISF Calibrationist. The calibration of the set is essential for utilizing its full potential. But if you have the money and the desire for the ultimate in Video Display devices there is no other choice.
    Good Luck,
    David Abrams
    ISF Calibrationist
    ------------------
    Precision Theater Consultants

3. William T

William T Auditioning

What's the price on this monitor? And where is a good place to get it? Thanks!

4. John David Rage

Hehe, yeah, read some more reviews and infact " out the box" it's better then any other direct view tv out there. Then once it is calibrated it's the "holy grail" ehheheh. Just repeating what you said I know. I seen the gray scale chart , the numbers for it. They are with in like below 100 degress calving across the entire scale once calibrated. It's amazing. I have to see this set for myself. But I don't think it's here in the city. Then once I save up the cash for it , it's mine, all mine, I tell mine!! MUHAHAHA.
    I seen prices on some sites listed at $2565 , now canadian that would be near four grand.

5. David Abrams

David Abrams Stunt Coordinator

Gentlemen,
    Please feel free to contact me directly about attaining a Princeton Monitor if you wish. I have seen many of these and I have calibrated many of these sets and they are the best DirectView Monitors out there.
    John, I was just pointing out that it should not be mistaken that it already comes ISFed, the set needs to be ISFed after you purchase it. I had mistaken your original comment to mean that you were under the impression it came completely calibrated out of the box, which it does not.
    If you would like to contact me about purchasing one of these monitors please feel free to call 607-279-3728 or email me at [email protected]
    Thanks,
    David Abrams
    ISF Calibrationist
    ------------------
    Precision Theater Consultants

6. David_D

David_D Stunt Coordinator

I don't know what other deals are available, but this monistor is available through Widescreen Review for $2995. According to their ad, the list price is $4100.

7. John David Rage

Do a google search http://www.google.com I have seen sites witch had specials on this tv and sites witch had the price listed for below $3000 as well. Does anybody know of a audio/video site online in Canada that has this tv?