look for progressive scan player recommendations

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy Illingworth, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Jeremy Illingworth

Jeremy Illingworth Supporting Actor

I'd like to move up to a progressive DVD player so I can quit using the PlayStation2 to watch movies. Picture quality and reliability are the most important features to me. I'd like DTS decoders and automatic scaling of non anamorphic DVDs, but those are just nice extras. It would also be nice if it wasn't expensive. So what have you got and how do you like it?

jeremy

2. Reece

Reece Stunt Coordinator

The Panasonic rp91 is progressive,can do scaling and can be had for a decent price if you look carefully. The rp82 and the cp72,also from Panasonic,seem to be the favorite choices for a lot of people at this forum...the only caveat is that these models don't do scaling.
    I own the cp72 and can vouch for it's good quality and for less than $200 is a bargain right now. Check out Onecall and J&R for the features list.

3. JeremyX

JeremyX Stunt Coordinator

From one Jeremy to another, I can wholeheartedly recommend the Panasonic RP82. Great price, great results. Reference quality? Not quite, but it's very clsoe, and hey, it's right around $200. It really can't be beat. Nice interface, loads of playback options. A good buy.
    Good luck! [​IMG]