Look at this setup for $600 .. whatcha think?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Jason Hammerly, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Jason Hammerly

Jason Hammerly Supporting Actor

I bought the Rocket Tykes, and although I like them, I decided to move the theater into the large basement room (14x26), so am going big again (the Tykes are for sale if you are interested). I'm thinking about the JBL E80's towers, EC35E center and a pair or N24's for surrounds. I can do this setup for about $600 shipped. ANy other opinions for $600 shipped that includes some decent towers? Any have a JBL setup similar to this? Let me know. thanks

Jason

2. DorianBryant

DorianBryant Screenwriter

I use the S38II's for mains, EC35 center, N26 for surrounds, and N24's for surround back speakers. I also have a Dayton sub. The Studio series are not an exact sonic match with the E series but it is very close. I love JBL speakers. Great value when you buy online.

I am sure the E80's will sound great. Stick with the EC35, it is a beast of a center at almost 22 pounds.

3. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

Like i mentioned in another thread of yours, why not go w/ the E10s instead of the N24s? They would be a better match to the rest of your speakers, would be easier to mount using the keyhole on the back compared to the more elaborate mounting gear for the N24s, and really look better in my opinion (more theater-like). At $90 a pair for the E10s i doubt you could find the N24s much, if any, cheaper.