What's new

Look at my DVD collection. Tell me what you think. (1 Viewer)

Dave Barth

Stunt Coordinator
Would it be worth recommending foreign language films? You have a quality collection of English language films. Let me know if you'd like foreign recommendations too.
Most of your discs are blessed in the special features department, so I'll limit myself to discs like that. I would consider some of the following discs nice additions to your collection.
Hitchcock - any of Vertigo, Psycho, The Birds, North by Northwest, Rear Window, Rebecca, Notorious, The 39 Steps, The Lady Vanishes
Other classic Criterions - The Third Man, Brief Encounter, The Lady Eve, Sullivan's Travels, The Red Shoes, Black Narcissus, I Know Where I'm Going!, Peeping Tom
Other discs - Platoon, Taxi Driver, 12 Monkeys
If I could pick one from each category, I'd probably go with North by Northwest, Platoon, and eh...any one of those Criterions :)
My feelings might change by tomorrow, too - all these are wonderful discs for wonderful films.

wally

Second Unit
Good start Kevin!

Your log-in name to DVD profiler appears to be "look closer07 yet your collection does not include American Beauty tag line being "Look Closer". I highly recommend you pick up the Awards Edition.

"The car I've always wanted, and now I have it. I Rule"

-Lester Burnham

With so many movies out there, what’s the story behind your first purchase?

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Wally, I'm glad you looked closer and noticed that message. This title is definetly on my wishlist but sadly, I've been forbidden to see this film. But I'll see it soon.

~Kevin

David Ki

Agent
Well while your collection is small, I'll advise you to keep it that way and only buy movies you really like. I now have just a few under 300 DVDs, i bet there is at least 100 of which I'll never watch again. I just can't seem to figure out where to start trimming it down, and I'm still buying at least 1 a week so its only going to get worse. So buyer beware, DVDs are an addictive habbit.

Anybody know of a DVD rehab?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks