What's new

Longstreet: The Complete Series Coming 12/1/17 (1 Viewer)

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Received the following email today:

cleardot.gif

Longstreet - the complete series
Longstreet - The Complete Series
Coming December 1st

QZBtMuPR-i-VcCpcARIR2ZLEL7G8DC57XvvVCWaJfvdyCmMNamFmGj-q_9dI39Mu8BQQMkru3F1A5SvirUz5jNlBCyIaCLV4eU50-NyvfA=s0-d-e1-ft

LSExpTu58Zp9sFTMaN87tFIusuDrBG_6kPfUbipi01LWM6kxGeulqJr07PJV95wVJtIbGhuPeiGsYCsV2BlcZUVzp-_U_okk-FV03j2-teLuXVnVSJy6X5mAwwPo5E98ACRAJQzc-M8kc_5RYfITGKvhDOxzwArfDCREWJo=s0-d-e1-ft

QZBtMuPR-i-VcCpcARIR2ZLEL7G8DC57XvvVCWaJfvdyCmMNamFmGj-q_9dI39Mu8BQQMkru3F1A5SvirUz5jNlBCyIaCLV4eU50-NyvfA=s0-d-e1-ft

$29.99 USD
Pre-Order Now!
IMDb rating – 8.1

All 23 episodes + TV Movie

The series launched as a 90-minute “ABC Movie of the Week.” “Longstreet” was created by Oscar® winner Stirling Silliphant (In the Heat of The Night) and also featured Marlyn Mason (“Ben Casey”) as Nikki, Peter Mark Richman (“Dynasty”) and Ann Doran (“National Velvet”).

Bruce Lee made four guest appearances who served as Longstreet’s martial arts teacher.

Following a bomb blast that leaves him blind and a widower, New Orleans insurance detective Mike Longstreet (James Franciscus) refuses to quit the business. Together with the help of his dog Pax, assistant Nikki and friend Duke, Longstreet continues to investigate thefts, kidnappings and murders.

In 1971, the series earned an Emmy for Outstanding Achievement in Film Editing for Entertainment Programming - For a Special or Feature Length Program Made for Television.

Copyright © 2017 Visual Entertainment Inc.
Want to change how you receive these emails?
Check out our deals at www.vei.tv

Here is the link on their website: https://www.visualentertainment.tv/collections/new-release/products/longstreet-the-complete-series

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'll just wait until they list it on Amazon. They usually do so after a short period of a product only being available on their site.

The shipping is high because it's coming from Canada. For some reason, stuff coming to the States from there costs an arm and a leg to ship.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I just need an upgrade on the pilot. The series I got great quality recorded for me when it ran in Canada a few years ago.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I really want to support VEI at the source, but suddenly $39.99 is one cent away from $50. I'll wait too.
Same here. I almost always purchase from them via Amazon using their VEI Amazon presence - not Amazon directly. They usually offer their stuff via Prime Shipping and the price will usually be the same as on their site without shipping. I believe that going that route Amazon's getting less return than if I purchased directly from Amazon.

VEI usually runs sales around the holiday periods. It can be % off or free shipping. I'll take advantage of those if they are beneficial enough - mostly the free shipping ones.

Then, their "free shipping" should kick in at $30 - so you're 1 cent away (they still have a $3.99 handling fee). I hate when stuff like that happens and there's nothing else on a site I want.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Hopefully not crammed beyond capacity on few discs like they did with The Immortal.

I wouldn't expect the recent trend to change any. With Longstreet being approximately 24 episodes in length (assuming the pilot is similar to a double episode), I would say this is ripe to be on only four disks (pilot + five and six episodes each for the rest). If it was say 25 episodes time wise I think we would have probably seen five disks of five episodes each. The problem these days with multiples of six.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I'll just wait until they list it on Amazon. They usually do so after a short period of a product only being available on their site.

The shipping is high because it's coming from Canada. For some reason, stuff coming to the States from there costs an arm and a leg to ship.
It's also that way for us with orders coming from the U.S, so I feel for you.

CHEERS! :)

moviepas

Supporting Actor
Postage at $10. I would take it. I am from Australia and tried to order The Immortal for a friend and I added The Magician & Galavator or some such and VEI says they ship from New York for foreign lands and Toronto for North American orders. I have ordered from them before and I think it was the Cagney/Lacey set. This time they wanted about $80 total shipping in US dollars and no other alternatives. 10 days after writing to them and stating my case I heard nothing but have had plenty of advertising in the interim. Buying from Canada in Canadian dollars is better for me, if the item price looks good because there is not much difference between the Canadian dollar and the Australian dollar currently. These titles were not on Amazon ca but The Immortal is on Amazon US at the same $30 and $2 delivery(the service fee gets divided between other items I order from Amazon at the same time). I have the added problem that from July(delayed 12 months from this year) 2018 they want Amazon and others to charge 10% Australian sales tax to all items from 1c up including the shipping cost. Before we could order to A$1000 before sales tax imported and no fee on the postage/delivery costs. Then there is 3% from the credit card company added to all that. I am furious because I am an aged pensioner here with little else. A campaign by a Best Buys type chain owner, who has stores also in Eastern Europe, bellyached for a longtime to get this to happen and he is actually a tax fraud and needs to be dealt with(a late sister was an accountant who worked briefly there in recent years and discovered it. When she approached him about it she was immediately fired). The hobbyist and aged get hit at every angle without mercy in my country.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Hopefully not crammed beyond capacity on few discs like they did with The Immortal.

Well, they put all of The Magician on 4 discs (21 episodes and the pilot), so I would guess it will be The Complete "Crammed" Series.

That said, I will be ordering this from Amazon to reduce or eliminate the shipping cost just like I did for The Immortal.

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
And this may be what everyone's been waiting for. I just got this email from VEI:
93e2c4d3-93d0-4f6d-bd4e-0f39f0a6da9d.jpg

Lowest prices ever ! Limited Time only! Limited Quantities!

No dealers please

Free shipping over $24.00*
discount code: D3BT892VE3VG

* North America only
The Sale begins November 17th, 2017​

And they've dropped the price to $28.99.

Don't forget to apply the code in the order page for free shipping!

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
I wouldn't expect the recent trend to change any. With Longstreet being approximately 24 episodes in length (assuming the pilot is similar to a double episode), I would say this is ripe to be on only four disks (pilot + five and six episodes each for the rest). If it was say 25 episodes time wise I think we would have probably seen five disks of five episodes each. The problem these days with multiples of six.

My worst experience is with Timeless’ release of Riverboat, where they shoehorned 44 episodes onto 6 discs. Every disc has 7 hour-long episodes and the last two discs contain 8 episodes. I love everything Darren McGavin is in and will take what I can get, but the picture quality definitely suffers.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
I gotta laugh, Bruce Lee is on the cover and only did FOUR episodes....

He would have shot THE BIG BOSS right before his appearances on the series,and the film opened in HK the week his 2nd appearance aired. This made him a superstar in Asia.

Clearly he left the series to make his next film in HK, FIST OF FURY which opened in the spring of 1972

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda19798888
Recent bookmarks