"Long Way Round" DVD

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jim Robbins, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Jim Robbins

Jim Robbins Stunt Coordinator

One of the best "on the road" documentaries I've ever seen was the Bravo/BBC series "Long Way Round" with Ewan McGregor and Carley Boorman. It's about a 20,000 mile motorcycle trip around the world. I see the DVD comes out in the UK on December 6. Does anyone know if it will be available in the states?

2. JohnMor

JohnMor Producer

John Moreland
    So far I can't find any indication of a US release, but I'm sure that it will be released eventually. Great series. I was really looking forward to getting this on DVD also. I'm sure it's just a matter of time if it's being released in the UK.

John

3. Jeff Savage

Jeff Savage Second Unit

Awesome news!!! I have been watching all the shows and wondering if there would be a DVD release.

Laters,
    Jeff

4. Jim Robbins

Jim Robbins Stunt Coordinator

Just received my UK copy of "Long Way Round" and I'm very pleased with it. It comes on two disc, region free PAL and in 16:9. It was shown 4:3 on Bravo. I can tell you the picture quality looks great for handheld cameras. It includes photos and extra footage with interviews also.
    For anyone who loves adventure on two wheels, this is the disc to get.

5. Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S Producer

Elizabeth S
    I enjoyed this show on Bravo but missed one episode. May have to pick it up!

6. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

I only managed to catch the last episode before I ever heard of the series. It was excellent. I can't wait until the DVD release.