What's new

long wait for svs (1 Viewer)

Dave Shepard

Agent
I was wondering how long others waited for there subs from svs. I ordered the pb2+ 2 weeks ago and have yet to recieve the delivery conformation, I have recieved the order confermation the next day and when placed was told that it would be here no later then the following monday. I e-mailed them when it didn't arrive and got an e-mail that it would be the next week and still nothing. I am alittle leary e-mailing again cause I don't want to look like a pain in the ass. I would have thought that they would have gotten back with me to let me know that again it wouldn't be there. The wait is aganey especally since I live 10min.away.

Thanks, Dave

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
Dave,

Unfortunately you've ordered the hottest piece of HT equipment this side of mars. From what I have read, the wait is definetly worth it.

Email Tom, Ron or Eric, they are very very understanding. Probably either a shipping problem or parts delay. Either way, you'll have piece of mind and dont worry about being a PITA :)

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
As DavidVT said, the end result will be well-worth the wait. All the reviews I've read along with honest, blunt owner testimonials from this site all point at one conclusion: the PB2+ is the best thing since sliced bread. :D

I ordered mine yesterday. :) I don't care how long I have to wait for it. I hear they are leaving mine in the oven an extra 15 minutes to ensure it's cooked all the way through. ;)

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Dave,

You would have to e-mail us about 100 more times to even get a ticket for our "Pain in the ass" contest ;^)

I'm very sorry we shot wide on the ETA for your sub. We would have been right on track but late last week shipped a whole container of the enclosures back because they didn't meet our stringent (call it anal if you must) QC. The supplier spent several $K on some improved gear and should have the flow going again next week. Frankly, the flaws were minor even for us, but given folks were waiting 9-12 weeks for a PB2-Plus at one time we figured the delay would be better than any slippage of the fine finish these subs are known for.

There are only a few subs ahead of you now so you will go in the very next batch processed. We're hoping for late next week, e-mail me anytime 7 days a week and we'll keep you posted with the latest on your order.

Ron

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
We would have been right on track but late last week shipped a whole container of the enclosures back because they didn't meet our stringent (call it anal if you must) QC.
I like reading things like this. It brings a tear to my eye. *sniffle* :)

ScottCarr

Second Unit
Ron,

I was running my subs upside down but could not tolerate the dark square in the middle of the base plate.
Well one is still upside down I have my Dewalt 12" compound mitre saw sitting on it. make a great saw table.
I did not want to scratch the top of the sub.

Scott

JK about the saw

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
What a bunch of whiners.... I waited for many months since this thing was first announced. I got mine a while back and the wait is no where near as long now. You won't care so much after you finally get it anyway as it was worth the wait. Very much worth the wait. Patience is a virture! I can't imagine how much Ron has but he definantly has alot of it.....

Dave Shepard

Agent
Thanks for the replies, I was hoping nobody forgot me in the mix of assembly. That has happened to me in my side business and it stopped my jobs cold and I too was getting calls from my customers so I can appreciate the problem and don't want to be the (PITA) customer. This is my first real big expence to rebuilding my theater and thought it would be best to work around the svs to achieve it. Once I recieve it I can then figure where to do the next upgrade (reciever or speakers). Ron any idea when you might have more SVS plaques? you did tell me that you were looking for another supplier hope you found one.

Thanks again,

Dave

ScottCarr

Second Unit
The makers of the SVS signs seemed to have disappeared. from other forum posts SVS is looking for an alternative company.

Scott

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Dave,

As Scott noted, we are indeed looking for a new source. One customer of ours sent us some very cool subliminated print banners done on smooth nylon material. Smaller versions (these were like 2'x3') might be OK for some people, but they do look a bit "trade show-ish". One of our famous mascot might be in order too?

I'm sure there are many vendors out there that might do that, embossed logos in metal, neon, all manner of possibilites. Anyone in business knows that working with a new supplier takes lots of time though. After the first of the year I expect we'll have this back on track. Till then we'd be happy to take leads anyone here might have.

Of course product (and in my case, product support materials and tools) take up the other 98% of the work week ;^).

Ron Stimpson

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks