Long Time Dead

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Justin_S, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

LONG TIME DEAD is a cool sounding new horror film from Britain. Here is a summary of the plot:

.....A group of British students embark on summoning spirits on a Ouija board after a night of clubbing. But someone breaks the link before they have finished, and now a demon is trapped in their world, and the only way to banish it is for all the people who summoned it to die.....

I heard that it should get some kind of US distribution in the near future, but their is no firm date. I really want to see it!

2. Jim_K

Jim_K Executive Producer

Who are you and what have you done with Scott Weinberg?
    [​IMG]
    Just kidding. [​IMG]

3. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

Uh, I ate him! [​IMG]

4. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

I saw a roughcut preview of this in May 2001. Even though its a very generic slasher flick, with little/no story, there are some genuine scares, and a friend that I took along actually left the screening feeling sick. [​IMG] It's not particularly gory, but it does unnerve you, and the jumps are very effective.
    I didn't see it during the theatrical run a few months ago, so I don't know if they loosened up the pacing - when I saw it there was literally no break between the numerous death scenes, it was just murder, after murder, after murder, which isn't necessarily a bad thing for a horror movie. [​IMG]
    Nothing revolutionary, or even mildly original, but certainly not a complete waste of time.