What's new

Long throw lens frustration (1 Viewer)

BryanMc

Auditioning
My projector is an Infocus Screenplay 7210. It's mounted behind a wall approximately 25 feet from a 106 " projector screen. My a/v installer purchased a long throw lens to make this work but the lens doesn't attach to the projector. The installer fixed the long throw lens in place, and set the projector directly behind it. There's about an inch of space between the projector lens and long throw lens. The installer says Infocus doesn't make a long throw lens to fit my projector. The set-up is unwieldy but the picture is phenomenal. However, because this equipment is on the back side of a wall in an unfinished room, I've already had to clean a spider web off the back of the exposed long throw lens. In the process I bumped the projector and now everything is out of whack and the installer has to come line up the projector again. Is there a more elegant solution to this detached long throw lens problem?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Bryan, since you own a projector and your question is not exactly for beginners, we've moved your post here to Display Devices. Remember, the Basics area is for beginners. Thanks.

rob-h

Second Unit
A long throw lens for 25ft? I have a 4805 and it does 20ft easily! Did you try it without the lens?

BryanMc

Auditioning
Yes, the picture would've filled the wall(could've saved money on a screen I guess). That's why the installer ordered the lens($1,000). I may be mistaken about the distance. It may be closer to 30' but certainly no more than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks