What's new

Long Threads (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
You know, I think one of my colleagues might be tempted to lock this one and request that everybody post in another thread that is generally regarded as a poorly kept secret. I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Mark Hastings: Perhaps your sig message might be more compelling if it read, "Pan-and-scan on DVD makes as much sense as a milking pale under a bull steer." Just food for thought.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
:laugh: why is my milk salty? :D As bad of an idea as that is, I don't think the bull would have any issues with you "milking" him.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter

As much as this is becoming that, I swear, that wasn't my intention when I started this thread! [blatant suckup mode]2001 rocks anyways![/suckup]

Ok, but seriously, that joke was eeeeewwwwww!

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I think the irony of this thread getting HUGE would be worth leaving it open. :)

If it helps, we'll start talking about the thread title again :D

I don't mind long threads as long as there is a natural flow to them. The ones I dislike are the ones that are mainly long lists. The "What movies do you want on DVD" or "What are the best DVD's" or "What was the last DVD you bought", etc.

Those kinds of threads get big and don't have much conversation going on. I usually don't like those.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

I don't know about that...

The thing about those which was your last purchased, what would you like to see, so on and so forth threads is not just that they become long lists and not much else but that they seemingly appear every couple of months or so.

Now I'm going to spoil the ending of almost every movie ever made.

The end credits role.

Sorry to have to ruin all of them for you, but you asked for it. Especially Mark with his Titanic sinks post.:D

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
OK, I know I shouldn't do this but I'm feeling bad today. It was all a dream, Dorothy got bumped on the head in the tornado. I feel better now.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
oh yeah ... what's the link between that song and "salty milk"....guess i never knew what that song was about ... do i really want to know?

ewww!!!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I was going to search today for a 10- or 15-watt lamp to use as a bias light in my main home-theater system. Can I find something like this at Radio Shack? Please advise. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks