What's new

Long Threads (1 Viewer)

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
I don't know if it's just me, but everytime I post to a thread, once it surpasses two pages, I tend to lost interest in it. Usually by that point there are so many sub-dialogues going on in the thread that it tends to become confusing just to comprehend. I don't know, maybe I'm jsut slower than most. Does anyone else feel this way?

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
I'll give a thread 2-3 pages before losing interest. It also depends on whether I started reading it when it was short or not. If it was, I'm much more likely to follow through with it. If a thread is already long (over 2 pages) when I first see it I typically just skip right over it.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It depends on the subject; I'll keep up with one I'm really interested in.

If I miss the first day or so, and it jumps to 10 (40-post) pages by the time I see it, I'm just never getting involved. And I can't help but wonder how the heck some get so large - just how much is there to say about Star Wars on DVD at this point, anyway?

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I ignore the longs ones also. I also hate how it seems that movies only get one thread. It'd be nice to be allowed to have threads that discuss a specific topic about a movie all on their own.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Most of the threads I post in are long ones, but I don't get in the habbit of going back and reading a thread in its entirity before I post in it first, unless its a short one.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
It depends on the topic. I've been keeping up with NFL, LotR, and Survivor threads for some time. Sometimes I post a lot, sometimes I don't.

Others I try to keep up with but it's no use and I end up ignoring it. I did my very best to keep up with the various Matrix and Star Wars threads but it's too hard. They expand so fast and people contribute so much text that I can't take the time, as much as I would like to.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
totally depends. it it's a thread that interests me, i may read through it...but more then likely i'll just kinda scan over it. but, if it's just flippin huge to start, i'll more then likely just skip it.

what i really hate is "missing out" on a thread that i could have gotten into, but was too late. by the time i'm there everything's already been said.

on a side note, i always have a small sense of pleasure when a thread that i started just takes off! :)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
What I hate are the threads where people post big images of women in lingerie or swimsuits!

~T

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
okay everyone ... come up with a topic where we can rant and rave for days and days ... so that no one else will want to read this thread....

my topic: "whether a bugalope can actually bugger anything..."

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Silica wont dry up a thread, however, it will dry up everybody reading it..

What do you get when you mix Silica and a Comedian?

dry humor

Ba-dum-bum-cheeeeee

Jay

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Oh, well Brett, I'll definitely stick with this one. I mean, I did create it, right. Although I think you guys will lose interest around a page and a half (maybe even less) as there are many more interesting threads than "Long Threads".

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Forget long threads...what about WIDE threads? It's really hard to keep a thread focused to a point when it is so darn wide.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
unless it's anamorphic...then everything should be scaled just right.

that is, if you remember to set your pc to 16x9....

hey, why did michael jackson show up at sears?

cuz he saw the ad that said "boys pants - half off!"

thank you .. i'm here all week!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation615
Recent bookmarks