What's new

Long Islanders- Does Anyone Use Cablevision for HD Reception? (1 Viewer)

James Edward

Supporting Actor
I was told by a seemingly knowledgable Cablevision rep that HD signals ARE passed thru the cable system, and if I get a STB, I will be able to receive them.
Can anyone confirm? I've been told several different things, by different reps, so a little first-hand knowledge would be helpful. Thanks :frowning:

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
James-

This is true. Cablevision does not officially support it though. I get HBO, MSG and FOX Sports...and I am right in your area. If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

VicRuiz

Second Unit
Where exactly is East Northport? Not all areas can get the HD signals. The signals are meant to be used as demos on The Wiz stores, so you need to be in the general vicinity of one of the stores to get them. Some time ago I made a map of all the points where reception has been reported:
hdcable.jpeg

The red marks represent the Wiz stores, and the green checkmarks are the people that receive the HD signals based on the information I collected in this thread.

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
Wow Vic!

That is some thorough research! East Northport is in the upper right quadrant of the map. If you follow Larkfield Road, you are right in the heart of East Northport. Oddly enough, East Northport is actually south of Northport...not east. I have done numerous installations in that area and there has not been a problem yet (so far).

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I'm getting HD transmissions on HBO, FoxSports and MSG here in Massapequa LI.

I also have IO Digital Service from Cablevision.

JohnG

JohnDPug

Grip
For all the bad press Cablevision's getting here in metro NY, you'd think they'd let their subscribers know about the HD and sell the STBs at The Wiz. Cablevision bought out TCI in our neighborhood in southern Westchester County about 4 years ago but kept the sports programming like FSNY and MSG on the extended basic tier like we had it with TCI. However, my cablevision bill has been skyrocketing and I don't have digital nor broadband service yet. The broadband promise is the carrot that's keeping me with Cablevision (plus the 12 or so Islander games on Metro.) Oh well, can't have everything!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks