What's new

Long-Distance Business Day-Trip: Advisable? (1 Viewer)

MichaelBA

Supporting Actor
I need to be in the San Francisco area on Friday, March 24th, for business. It's important -- but will only take me a few hours.

I have to be at UC Berkeley by 10:45 AM. I'll be done there in no more than two hours.

I just want to go in and out, no overnight stay. So, a day-trip: is this advisable?

Should I take a plane landing around 10 AM, take a quick cab to Berkeley, do my thing, then pick up a 1:30 PM flight back to NYC?

I've not been to San Francisco since 1995, so I don't remember exactly how long a cab ride would be from the airport to Berkeley. Does this timeline work? Is the ride about 30 minutes? A little more? I could be flexible about when I have to be at Berkeley -- maybe even as late as 11:15.

Reasonable? Possible? Advisable?

CameronJ

Stunt Coordinator
Michael - I do day trips east to west all the time. Unfortunately I can't do them if I have to go east - the time difference just doesn't work.

It makes for a really long day - and I can't help with the time from SFO to Berkley, but it's definitely better than losing your afternoon the day before.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Depending on the importance I wouldn't count on making a 10:45 appointment after landing at 10. Delays happen.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Your cutting that real close. I know you don't want to stay overnight. But, your best bet is to come in the night before. Get a hotel cheap somewhere and then get up the next morning to go to your meeting. I think its around 30-40 minutes from the airport to to Berkeley. So even if you left the airport at 10am. Which still might be airport rush hour. You are giving yourself very little time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks