What's new

Lone Wolf and Cub fans rejoice! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
AnimEigo put up their schedual for the next year or so

Lone Wolf & Cub 1-Early December
Lone Wolf & Cub 2-Late Spring

Lupin III fans can be happy when the copyright safe

Rupan III-Fuma Conspiracy- Xmax

and Matsumoto fans will be happy with

Arcadia of My Youth-Spring 2003

ChristopherM

Stunt Coordinator
Are the "Lone Wolf and Cub" discs the first two movies, or the TV series spread over two volumes?

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I am a happy LONE WOLF & CUB and LUPIN/RUPAN III fan. :)
I am also a happy ZATOICHI and URUSEI YATSURA fan. ;)
I predict I will be a very poor (but again, happy!) LONE WOLF & CUB, LUPIN III, ZATOICHI and URUSEI YATSURA fan, as well. :b

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
I believe all six LW&C put out (Sword of Vengeance -> White Heaven and Hell) are six separate movies. Not the TV series. I saw some pics of the series and it looked like a diff actor.

Hope someone can verify this.

ChristopherM

Stunt Coordinator
The TV series is definitely different to the movie series. I was wondering which of these is being released by AnimEigo.

The UK TV networks have (I believe) only ever shown the final episode of the TV series, and I'd love to see the whole thing.

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
Animeigo is putting out the six movies -not- the series. I like how the subtitles sometimes explains "terms" to the viewer. Very nice. I am saving my pennies.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
AnimEigo has always been at the front of high-end subtitling. It drove Robert crazy when they found out the DVD subtitle specs, and he's determined to get in on whatever they're planning for HD-DVD. It took several years for them to figure out how to kludge the DVD subtitle spec into doing what they want it to
Oh, LW&C is confirmed to be anamorphic, new transfer from a new print :)

Users who are viewing this thread