What's new

Lon Chaney Double Feature 1/25/05 (1 Viewer)

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
http://www.dvdplanet.com/product_lis...088&format=DVD

I know there are a few silent fans here so I thought I'd post this. Hopefully there isn't another post on it already. This new Chaney double feature from Image will have VICTORY as well as Tod Browning's THE WICKED DARLING.

I found the listing after finally ordering THE PENALTY so this was a good day for this Chaney fan. :)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I've never seen either of these so this will certainly be a welcome release. More Chaney (and especially Chaney with Tod Browning!) is always a good thing. The man just amazes me in everything.

Glenn D

Agent
I'll definitely be picking it up. The more Chaney the better, hopefully TCM/Warner will release another set becuase their first one was great.

Jack Theakston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack Theakston
Having seen the both of these in advance, I can tell you that while THE WICKED DARLING is new and certainly something that you want to pick up, Maurice Tourneur's VICTORY is the prize of the package. Certainly one of the best films of the late teens by a totally overlooked director.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Jack, is VICTORY an adaptation of the Joseph Conrad book, or something else? I don't seem to know much of anything about it.

Jack Theakston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack Theakston
It is indeed the Joseph Conrad story. The film also features Jack Holt, Wallace Beery, and Bull Montana.

It's a Paramount-Artcraft with really great sets by Ben Carré, who several years later designed all of the wonderful sets for Chaney's PHANTOM OF THE OPERA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks