What's new

Lon Chaney Collection : RCE ? (1 Viewer)

Derek_McL

Second Unit
I'm quite interested in this collection of Chaney's lesser known films from Warner/TCM but I wonder of anyone here can confirm if it will have RCE ?

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.dvdtalk.com/rce.html

Q: What is Regional Coding enhancement(RCE)?
A: It's a digital enhancement added to some Warner Bros and Columbia DVDs to stop region 1 (R1) DVDs from playing on Region-free DVD players.

Check out the link for more information

:emoji_thumbsup:

Derek_McL

Second Unit
They did put RCE on of all things the 1933 version of Little Women so until I can get confirmation from somewhere I sadly won't be buying the Chaney set.

Derek_McL

Second Unit
Oscar I do have a multi-region player but RCE as you saw on that website is an extra level of protection. Some players can handle RCE discs and there may be ways round it but I'm not willing to risk it. I've never bought a disc with RCE.

I think the players where you can manually change the region are fine but those that work as region zero/all region machines display that silly map as shown on the dvd talk website. So I think Patrick got it just about right.

The only thing I can think of doing is suggesting to playUSA.com to add the title to their website because they always display whether a disc is RCE or not. I just thought somebody might know for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks