What's new

Lollapalooza 2003 (1 Viewer)

Bill Leber

Stunt Coordinator
There will be a news conference today announcing the dates and lineup for Lollapalooza. So far the following bands are confirmed:

Jane's Addiction
Audioslave
Queens of the Stone Age
Incubus
Jurrasic 5

Sounds pretty solid, but I'm not sure if they are trying to appeal to GenXers who went the first time around or a new younger crowd. I guess we'll find out. It might be worth taking a day off work to go see.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Damn, that is a killer line-up. Still, IMHO, nothing tops Lollapalooza 3 (Primus, Alice in Chains, Tool, Rage Against the Machine, Arrested Development).

-Dean-

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I stopped going after the first 2. I think the metal slant of this year seems consistant with what happened as the festival continued through the 90's.

-Vince

Travis Kolesar

Second Unit
I'd go just to see Jane's one last time. I don't think there will ever be lineups quite like the 1st 3 iterations of Lollapalooza. Those years were kinda magical for the college/indie music scene, when everything was just on the brink of mainstream acceptance.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I might go. Went to 92 & 93 - Audioslave at least represents 2 bands from that time (Soundgarden and Rage Against the Machine) and Jane's Addiction is also from that era. But yeah I'm not too excited about some of the other acts.

Depends on how much of a fix I get from the Palladium show for Audioslave. If that concert kicks my ass (as I hope it will) then I may be satisfied with that. Hopefully they'll cover more SG songs than RATM (I like both, but am a diehard SG fan)!

Anyone else going to see Audioslave on their solo tour? Oh, maybe I'll start a new thread for that question later today...

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Another chance for Jane's Addiction to re-re-re-release yet another version of "Jane Says". ;)

Bill Leber

Stunt Coordinator

I don't think Audioslave plans to play any RATM or Soundgarden songs. From the sounds of things they'll just play their own material. Supposedly they alreday have another album worth of songs written.

Vince, I'm a little confused by your post. I don't consider ANY of these bands to be metal. Maybe Audioslave, but that's a stretch. But I never considered Soundgarden to be metal either! Everybody labels differently, though.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Bill, I read an interview somewhere (sorry don't have the link) that Audioslave would "surprise fans with a few choice covers" which I would take to be cover songs from one or both of their previous incarnations. I could be wrong, of course, but I'm hoping not - and am hoping for more SG covers than RATM. ;)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I'm really looking forward to Audioslave. I heard the MTV special where they played from the top of the Ed Sullivan Theater and was impressed. And I've never seen Jane's Addiction before so that's a bonus as well.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Ive seen Incubus before but not Queens of teh Stone Age. That wiould be choice as I am digging their CD alot. Id like to see Audioslave but I havent picked up that Cd yet. I did like RATM but only a bit of SG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks