What's new

Lois & Clark Worth It?? (1 Viewer)

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I'm still unsure about this so I think I'll start buying the Smallville sets first :)

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston

The comics of the sixties and seventies, particularly the Curt Swan years, portrayed Clark Kent as a weak stomached, timid individual who fell prey to the pranks of Steve Lombard constantly. The portrayal was consistent with the comics of the time. The movies portrayal may have been slightly more exaggerated for comic relief and further delineation between Kent and Superman.

The sixties cartoon of Superman also portrayed Kent as pretty wimpy as well.

I agree with you that Cain was more of a Superboy than Superman.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I picked up S1 & S2 when both were on sale but haven't watched a single episode yet. I hope I like it. I'm not very picky tho so I have a feeling I will.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
I always loved Lois and Clark and I think Teri Hatcher was the first girl on tv who I liked :)

The stories are on the cheesy side, but the Superman stuff is done decently, I sort of liked John Shea as Lex Luthor, despite the fact he had hair. Shea played him as a suave-sadistic mofo. Very full of himself, there was one episode early on where he's doing all this monologuing, and I think he's doing it to a reflection of himself, that's how vain he is.

I do like Dean Cain and thought his portrayal of Clark was decent, though I like Tom Welling more (in fact Tom is probably my favorite Clark with Reeve being my favorite Superman).
This seemed to be the first Superman show where Martha Kent was more of the free spirited, techy, cool kind of mom. Jonathan was just a side character more than anything. Though there's a fun episode where he finds a nude painting of Martha and thinks she's having an affair on him.

Overall a good show, imho.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Finally closing in on finishing the viewing of the series on DVD. I'm about halfway thru S4. I bought all of the sets at release but took a long vacation from viewing the series after Lois & Clark got married in S3 of the show. So far, I love the S4 episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks