What's new

Lois and Clark possibly in 2005! (1 Viewer)

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
I don't get what Smallville has to do with this thread?:confused:

I hope Warner gives us some great extras, but overall I'll be happy just having the episodes UNCUT :emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Sorry, Angela. I just got carried away comparing some elements of the Superman legend! You think I should repost my comments in the Smallville thread? :)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed Lois & Clark and will be picking up when it comes out. My biggest beef with L&C is the lack of Supes villians in the show. Or the opportunity to introduce other heroes. I know the show was about Clark & Lois. But, it is hard to do Clark without Supes. On the same vein you can't do a Supes movie/show without Clark. They just had some really bizarre and almost stupid villians.

LeonaB

Stunt Coordinator
I'm psyched! Lois & Clark S1 is my absolute favorite and I cannot wait to buy it!!!

My main requirement is that it have the complete version of the Pilot (as seen in the UK, but not in the U.S.A.). Other than that, extras are just icing on the cake!

todd s

Senior HTF Member

I remember hearing about this when the show first came out. Does anyone know if it will be the uncut version? And what scenes were added?

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela

That's okay :) I just thought maybe you were comparing SV and LnC which frankly I hate when people do cause they're two entirely different shows :)

That would probably work, I'm sure people will enjoy reading it :)

Jeff#

Screenwriter
They aren't completely different, because Clark Kent is the main character in both series and several of the rules that have long been part of the Kal-El legend apply to all versions of Superman.

Clark's adoptive parents are in both, as was Lex Luthor. It's just that these characters are all much more integral in the current series.

Even Perry White, a major character in Lois & Clark as played by Lane Smith was seen once or twice (played by Michael McKean) on Smallville. Other than that, I agree. :)

LeonaB

Stunt Coordinator

L&C debuted as a two-hour pilot in the U.S. and a number of scenes were left out or shortened. I think when it aired again as a two-parter that same season, a few scenes were put back in. Unfortunately, there was one important scene that never aired here.

It was the very first scene of the show in which we see a man entering the Daily Planet. The man says nothing while Jimmy comments on his look. Gradually, the man is revealed to be Lois in disguise and her first words are about how she "nailed them." Then it cuts to Lois looking like Lois being congratulated for her good work. That was the first scene that we in the States saw. I remember hearing that the network wanted to start with that scene because they didn't want the audience's first glance of Lois Lane to be anything but beautiful. What a shame, because that first original scene nailed exactly who Lois was!

As for other scenes, there's an extended talk with Lois's sister Lucy, Lois asking Clark to Lex's party and he wonders if it's a date, Perry catching Clark in the supply closet, and a few other tidbits.

I really hope we get the full, unedited Pilot. That was one of the best pilots I've ever seen!

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
I have never seen the pilot for L&C so I'll probably pick this up.

Also Jeff#, I think Pete Ross was a rival of Clark's in high school. I think he became Conduit. I also remember another version in which he became the President.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
:thumbsdown: on the cover art. Could be worse, but it's hardly a work of art.

The promo pics with the S tattoo on the arm are better, IMO.

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
I want to see the full pilot as well. Man there was so much cut out of the pilot by networks that it's not even funny :angry: I remember when it debuted on ABC that Lois was dressed up as guy for an "undercover" thing. TBS and TNT cut that when LnC aired on those networks.

I like the cover art, it's not that bad, it could have been better. I do think Perry and Jimmy should have at least been on the cover, they were as important to the show too. Cat could have been on their too.

Jason-D

Agent
My Columbia House VHS copy of the Lois and Clark pilot has the extended opening. I'm not going to watch it all the way through to see if those other scenes are present but it has a listed running time of "Approx 100 Mins." if that helps.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
What a thread! So many quotes that I agree with. Sure touched off a lot of interest (just like Gord/Dave L's TV/DVD's (Numero Uno site) poll :) Many thanks, Gord/Dave L for your cover art post :emoji_thumbsup:

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
I too think the cover art could be better. But it could be worse. I personally like the Smallville covers.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Yeah, Pete Ross went to school with Clark in the comics. The other Smallville characters (Lionel Luthor & Chloe) are Smallville-only creations, to my knowledge.

(Been a long time since I've seen any comics of Superboy, but if memory serves, Pete was a blonde caucasian, and knew that Clark was Superboy, but Clark didn't know that Pete knew his secret...)

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
The pilot was shorter the first time it was aired on ABC. It was a longer version when repeated in a different time slot later on.

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela

I remember that. ABC cut stuff out for some reason when it debuted.

If I remember right, wasn't the pilot a full two hours, and not split into two parts like it was on TNT/TBS?

Shaun

Second Unit
I thought the show was alright, but I don't miss it. I know as a TV show, they just didn't have the budget to really do the characters justice, but this was just not Superman to me. I agree with the above comments about the villains in the show. Just plain stupid.

I never really liked the look of Dean Cain as Superman in the L&C show. The costume just didn't look right. It looked cheap, like something someone bought off a store shelf. And the way they always had to slick his hair back when he was Superman. Superman never wore hair gel in any incarnation I've seen before. In the show, Dean looked fine as Clark, but I guess they felt more need to make Clark and Superman look different.

Also, the flying effects annoyed me more than anything. You never really saw Superman "fly" as in flying in a wire harness or against a blue screen. They always had him fly in and out like a flash.

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
I'm sorry but was your post necessary? I know I don't want to read bashing in a thread that was started for a show people like.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks