What's new

Logitech Z906 or AVR & 5.1 speaker package? (1 Viewer)

M

Member 384960

So which would you go with and why, the Logitech Z906 or an AV receiver with a 5.1 speaker package?

With the second option, I was interested in the Pioneer VSX-530-K AV receiver and the Monoprice 13773 5.1 home theater speakers. With the AV receiver, 5.1 speakers, some speaker wire, and shipping, the total price will be very similar to the Logitech Z906. Other 5.1 home theater speaker suggestions are welcome also.

Pioneer VSX-530-K: http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-VSX-5...d=1458785404&sr=1-1&keywords=pioneer+receiver

Monoprice 13773: http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=109&cp_id=10906&cs_id=1090601&p_id=13773&seq=1&format=2

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
I think that most folks here are going to recommend that you go with an AVR and speakers. The flexibility to change out the AVR, speakers or sub is one of the biggest factor. If any component on the Logitech dies the whole system is pretty much a loss. However, if you get an actual AVR and speaker set you can easily replace, upgrade or add to it. If you move into a larger space and need larger more efficient speakers you can simply just replace them. If you need a larger more forceful sub you're covered. With the Logitech you're pretty much stuck with what you have.

Another reason to go with an AVR is the additional inputs, especially the HDMI inputs. This way you're getting audio and video switching vs just audio with the Logitech. This means the AVR is really the heart of the system vs being just one half of the system.

M

Member 384960

Thanks for the input. An AVR and speakers does have more flexibility and expandability than a HTiB or a surround computer speaker system. The only benefits I can think of for the Z906 is easier to use and that all the speakers and amp was designed to work together and give the best sound for what it has.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
I'm not seeing any benefits of the Z906. I see the ease of use for both systems to be the same. However, it's your system and you have to get what makes you happy.

M

Member 384960

Oh I was talking about in the view of an average person. Someone that isn't really tech savvy or is buying speakers for the very first. They will most likely look at HTiBs or other complete speaker systems so that they don't have to choose and match an AVR and the speakers. The best way to go in my opinion is to buy separate speakers, choosing the front left and right, center, surrounds, and subwoofer.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
You are going to get better sound quality from the Pioneer and the Monoprice speaker system then would get from the Logitech. I actually thought that the Logitech products were made for computers and not really for your t.v. application. Also the better sounding system is actually cheaper than the Logitech system. I saw it on Amazon for 379.00.

M

Member 384960

You are going to get better sound quality from the Pioneer and the Monoprice speaker system then would get from the Logitech. I actually thought that the Logitech products were made for computers and not really for your t.v. application. Also the better sounding system is actually cheaper than the Logitech system. I saw it on Amazon for 379.00.
Yes, the Logitech is geared towards for computer/multimedia use. It is also THX certified, but I'm not sure how "good" that makes it. What isn't good about the Logitech Z906 is that the satellite speakers don't have tweeters, just a full-range driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks