Logitech Z-560 Speakers.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RANDY FISHER, Jan 16, 2002.

1. RANDY FISHER

RANDY FISHER Second Unit

My most prized Klipsch Promedia's are giving me some trouble after only about a year of service so I have ordered a set of the Logitech Klipsch killers the Z-560's. Anyone else have them and care to commect on them? All the reviews I have read say they are the best 4.1 PC speakers on the market.
    thanks Randy[​IMG]

2. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

That's quite a coincidence. They arrived on my doorstep yesterday. They completely blow away my old Altec Lansing ADA305's. All the reviews say the subwoofer outperforms the Klipsch, and I believe it. Even with the volume almost all the way up, the speakers don't lose clarity. I can't recommend them enough. And for $140 shipped at Provantage, they can't be beaten.

3. RANDY FISHER

RANDY FISHER Second Unit

That's funny...I ordered mine from Provantage as well. Can't wait to get them and try them out.

Randy

4. Alvin Lau

Alvin Lau Agent

I bought my set on sale from Dell for $110. The sound quality is just amazing for the price. I don't think anyone who gets a set will be disappointed when they consider the alternatives at this price point.

5. Peter_A

Peter_A Second Unit

I had a chance to compare them to the Klipsch 4.1 at work, and in my opinion, the Klipsch still out performed the Logitech. The clarity of the Klipsch was much better and they distorted less at higher listening levels. The Klipsch is a more premium speaker, but for the price of the Logitech's, they're a pretty good deal.

6. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

Peter: That's understandable. If I had $300 to spend on speakers I'd definately go for the Klipsch, but for what I paid I'm more than happy with the Logitechs.

7. RANDY FISHER

RANDY FISHER Second Unit

Well after using these THX beauties I can say I am impressed. I actually prefer the sound quality of the Logitechs to the Klipsch v2-400's that these are replacing. I have not heard the Klipsch 4.1 or 5.1's so I really can't comment on those...my 4 channel Klipsch setup still had the old preamp with out the headphone jack. The sub in the Z-560's just plain wipes the floor with my Klipsch set as does the over all power output. The highs are less bright and sound a bit smoother due to the unique tweeter-less full range driver (with aluminum center cone) design. But sound quality aside the best features are other design decisions made by Logitech.
    1. The control module seperate from the speaker is awesome. It sit's as a tower or you can remove the stand and lay it down. Plus the pots don't feel like they are going to break when ever I change the volume..lets hope they don't devolope that great Klipsch static noise. Power on/off switch and headphone jack were not present on the preamp in my Klipsch control module.
    2. Real binding post's on the rear of the sat. speakers. This is a god-send letting me use my usual monster cable for speaker cable instead of that horrid small guage stuff Klipsch gave me with those loose right angle 1/8" mini plugs on them...yuck!
    3. M3D the simulated surround included free in the control module. It rules for games and music. I no longer am looking for a 5.1 decoder for my PC room. This sounds so good and it was a freebe thrown in my Logitech.
    For the money I can't see how these can be beat. If you have $400 laying aroung for PC speakers...I might suggest the 5.1's from Klipsch. True 5.1 and an even more powerful sub but for the record I love these. Money well spent.
    Randy[​IMG]