Logitech iFEEL keeps dying on me

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken Garrison, Jul 21, 2002.

1. Ken Garrison

Ken Garrison Supporting Actor

I had this mouse for almost a year now. I've really enjoyed it. I've enjoyed being able to FEEL my desktop. But now, it starting to do what my Microsoft Optical mouse did.........DIE!!!! It'll quit, and I have to unplug it from the USB port and plug it back in. Are ALL optical mice as bitchy as this? I REALLY don't want to go back to the old BALL mice, which, once plugged in, would go forever and never die on you. Why does my mouse keep dying?

2. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

I've had two optical mice (one Microsoft, one iFeel) for about a year, and neither has had any problems... hmmm...

3. Ken Garrison

I've been writing to Logitech about it. Maybe I'll ask them if I can have a replacement cord. They're pretty easy to replace. Unscrew the screw, unplug the old cord, and pop in the new one. My Microsoft mouse's cord ended up breaking internally. So, I fixed it. Could be a bad cord.

4. Ken Garrison

Well, I called Logitech. They're sending me a new mouse. No need to send the old one back either. That's pretty good.

5. Brian Ruth

Brian Ruth Supporting Actor

I had the same problem with my IntelliMouse Explorer. You'd be suprised how hard it is to get an old (i.e. < 3) model IntelliMouse!
    No matter though -- I have 2 now. [​IMG]

6. Ken Garrison

Seems like the optical mice have a lot of bugs or something. I never really had a ball mouse die on me. But I did find it a PITA to have to clean it. And even when it was clean, it still didn't track right. So I switched to optical. So far, my regular $20 Logitech USB Optical is working pretty good. I miss the vibrations though. I'll be getting a new one in the mail in a few weeks. The Microsoft Optical mouse I have always died on me too. Then after I internally snapped the wires and fixed it, it hasn't been dying.

7. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Now that is customer service!

8. Ken Garrison

HERE'S customer SERVICE! I bought a 50 Pack of Durabrand CD Rs. Well, I had one fail and the rest of them didn't play well. I had troubles getting them to work. Since Durabrand had a Wal Mart website on the package, I sent them an email telling them these discs were faulty. Well, few weeks later, I gotta package at my door. Wal Mart had sent me 2 50 packs of Maxell CD Rs. Ain't that cool or WHAT?

9. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

10. Rick_M_F

Rick_M_F Auditioning

I have 2 Intellimouse Explorers doing that.. one doesnt have to be unpluged.. just drops and then comes back. the other has to be unplugged. 2 different systems.. both pretty high end. sucks!!! LOL

11. Ken Garrison

I think it's the damn cord. I noticed the cord near the mouse bends back and forth a lot when I'm mousing. I bet this is causing the wires to weaken and cause the problems. I noticed my Microsoft mouse no longer dies after I retaped the wires after they broke when I stepped on the cord while I was picking the mouse up. I asked Logitech to send me a new cord. But, they're sending me a new mouse instead. So, that's good. I'll do something about the wiring so it don't flex back and forth so harshly when I'm mousing.

12. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Say, did u guys have to PROVE you owned the mouse inthe first place? [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Ken Garrison

All I did was give them the modem number and the serial number. That was enough proof to tell them I own one.

14. Ken Garrison

Well, this piece of shit don't seem to be dying on my old machine. An iFeel kinda lags on a Pentium 166 @ 266 MMX machine running XP. We'll see if the new iFeel they're sending me dies on my main machine. The $20 Logitech optical mouse that's temporarily on it for now is working great so far. Guess I'll find out.

15. Ken Garrison

Well, that mouse is starting to die on my old machine now. I did get my new mouse today. YAY!!! So far so good. Been using it for 20 minutes now. One cool thing is that it has a blinking LED on the package and inside it's running 2 AA Duracell Ultras. WOOHOO BATTERIES!!! Well, 5 year warrenty. If this one dies, I'll get another one. And another until the warrenty is over. Hell, by 5 years, I'll probably have something better and has new force feedback features. THANKS LOGITECH!!