What's new

Logic Speed Force, ForceFeedback wheel for GameCube (1 Viewer)

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Since I bought a GC for my son last summer I figured I'd use it too since I didn't want to buy another console like an XBox until I got my HDTV.

I had been waiting for a wheel forever. There were some that came out like the multi-console MC2 but I decided to pass. I had heard that Logitech was making one but it had been months and no news so I stopped looking.

A couple of weeks ago I was on the Logitech site for another reason and saw that they had released the wheel and separate set of peddles. I looked everywhere for it and couldn't find it stocked online or in store anywhere until I found the Compusmart website here in Canada.

I ordered the wheel and the peddles for $69.99 and $39.99 respectively. (In Canadian Dolars) And, I bought Nascar Thunder 2003 and Need for Speed:Hot Pursuit 2 really cheap off of Futureshop.

The wheel is pretty good. The forcefeedback works quite well and the peddles are good. The lap thingy they give you to hook the wheel on isn't very good since it slips so I hooked it onto a tray table.

NFS takes some getting used to but Nascar Thunder is pretty easy with the ovals and super speedways. THere is a ton of feedback on the high bank ovals.

So overall, if you want a forcefeedback wheel for Nintendo I think this is the only one so its lucky that its pretty good.

Patrick

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Michael, it is true forcefeedback and not just the vibration. The resistance it creates pushes you back quite a bit on the high bank ovals of Nascar Thunder.

The games that have Force Feedback presently are:

4x4 Evolution™ 2 by Terminal Reality
NASCAR Thunder 2003 by Electronic Arts
Need For Speed™: Hot Pursuit 2 by Electronic Arts
Hot Wheels™: Velocity X by THQ
NASCAR® Dirt to Daytona by Infogrames
PRO RALLY® 2002 by Ubi Soft Entertainment

Not a huge list but not bad. Hopefully more games will come out but we'll see.

Patrick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks