What's new

logic 7 cinema mode H/k 325 problem (1 Viewer)

Patrick_we

Auditioning
I'm having an issue with the logic 7 cinema 5.1 mode on my avr325z receiver. Were I'll be watching tv with logic 7 when all of a sudden, it sounds like the center channel info is sent to all speakers. Changing the channel doesn't fix it, but if I switch to logic 7 music mode, it sounds normal again and I can switch back to cinema mode and everything sounds fine. It happens randomly, but it appears to be happening more often lately. Just checking to see if anybody else has run into this problem.

thanks in advance
Patrick

Andy_Steb

Stunt Coordinator
My 525 does the same thing. Sometimes it will do it several times a night, and sometimes months between episodes.
I've learned to live with this little bug and haven't thought about changing to another brand reciever. Besides the other brands don't have logic 7 so you won't have this problem.

Scott>G

Agent
I also have the 325 and it does the same thing. Hmmmmm.
It only does this when watching TV for me. I have Direct TV. What sources are you running when this occurs?

Thanks,

Patrick_we

Auditioning
Just a standard cable box, Time Warner Cable, and also just tv and only L7, but then again that is the only source I use L7 with.

Patrick

AndrewErickson

Stunt Coordinator
I have one and I've never had this problem. Mine was a refurb. I watch TV in Logic 7 cinema mode all the time.

Kevin_V

Agent
I have a H/K 520 for about 1 1/2 years now and have the same thing happen semi-frequently. I don't think cinema mode has anything to do with it. It's a L7 bug that has been posted numerous times happening in the 520 & 320. It takes the 2 channel source (DirecTivo, in my case) and evenly distibutes it to all channels. For me, it happens when watching espn's PTI about once every 10 shows and once every 6 months the rest of the time. With Tivo I pause it for about 2 seconds & it goes back to normal. Rewind to before the spot and it will do again about 98% of the time at the exact same spot.
Not a big hassle so I live with it.

Kevin_V

Agent
In the effort not to be a thread killer...
anybody know if there is a fix so it doesn't happen?

Patrick_we

Auditioning
according to HK support

The problem you
described sounds very unusual and I am not even sure if it is related to
your specific source or something unusual in the broadcast signal that
is causing it.

from this I do not think so

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.