What's new

Logan's Run (1 Viewer)

SteveVM

Stunt Coordinator
I see on Boston.com that they have this as the #15 Sci-Fi show of all time.

I know it was a short run, but could we please get this on DVD?

I really liked this show.

WillLon

Agent
Real Name
Wil
I would expect the series will be released on DVD around the time the film remake is either released to theaters or DVD. The series would be owned by MGM/Sony now.

Fox did this with the 14-episode Planet of the Apes series around the time the 2001 remake was released to DVD.

Let's home MGM/Sony follows the same pattern with Logan's Run (14 episodes) and Westworld (5 episodes).

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

Personally, I don't want to wait that long. There's been talk about a Logan's Run movie for years. It may never get off the ground.

Maybe a smaller label would licence it from MGM/Sony. I don't see them releasing it themselves anytime soon.

Glad I've still got my old VHSes from the TNT broadcasts, (which replaced my fair/poor quality off-air CBS ones) but would buy a DVD set in an instant!

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'd like Logan's Run on DVD. I can't say I remember the TV series at all, but still.

"Runner!"

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
This didnt even deserve to be on the list. I love the movie but the show stunk. It was almost the same plot every week like in the other bad TV show, "V." Bad guys are out to get the main characters, they are defeated and they move on next week to the same plot.
I would rather see a little known show called Fantastic Journey than this.

WillLon

Agent
Real Name
Wil
The format of Logan's Run and Planet of the Apes the TV series seemed to be a clone of The Fugitive.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Yea, Logan's Run and Planet of the Apes TV shows were The Fugitive, only not as good and low budget. I LOVED Fantastic Journey. I saw it on Si Fi again a few years ago, and am glad to say it still holds up after all these years (mostly). :)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Somehow the thought of Logan's Run without even the possibility of naked Jenny Aguter just seems wrong. :D

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I remember watching this show growing up. I was a huge logan's run fan, especially with movie and the TV show. I like how they were driving a solar power car and had robot helping them along the way. I was hoping that this series would be released, because it is one of my favourite sci-fi shows that has yet to be released.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i am hoping with the new film back in discussions that this show will be released. I remember watching this as a kid and did catch a couple of episodes on youtube. Those episodes only spiked my interest too wanting more episodes. I miss the old Sci-fi shows.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i see the soap opera with the remake of Logan's run is on again. I hope this means the TV show can be released. I have been able to watch a few episodes via different medias. However, i still would like the complete series on dvd. I am huge sci-fi fan and have several different shows on dvd.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Paul McElligott

Somehow the thought of Logan's Run without even the possibility of naked Jenny Aguter just seems wrong. :D

Ah, but a bouncy, braless Heather Menzies was one heck of a nice consolation prize!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks