What's new

Logan's Run: Which is the repackaged art? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Oops, screwed up. Patrick is correct. While I like the poster art way better, I hate cheap cardboard snappers.

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
I saw the one on the right (a snapper) at Best Buy yesterday for $7.99. I loved this movie when I was a kid. Is this the better of the two versions?

Mark Tay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
There is a slight difference. Both feature the same widescreen anamorphic transfer. However, the one on the right (the snapper) also includes a pan & scan version of the film, which as a loyal member of HTF you will never bother to watch.

BTW, this title really deserves a Special Edition. The original director's cut ran 2hr 15mins, and contained additional sex, violence, and important plot details. All of which were cut (the released print is 2hrs even) by MGM at that last moment due to fear of an R rating. Some sneak preview audiences did get to see the full film and one such person even made an off-line audio recording. You can hear it at:
http://www.snowcrest.net/fox/loganmovie/index.htm
(scroll down till you see "Logan's Run Uncut")

Tom Vet

Stunt Coordinator
Talking Logans Run if you ever wondered what I look like, I have been told by many, I am a Logan 5 look a like same colored hair, body, eyes and height as Michael York in Logans'Run.

Too bad Richard Jordan died so young. I will always remember him as Frances, not as the ambassador in the "Hunt for Red October"!:)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The additional Jenny Agutter footage from the sculpture scene supposedly has disappeared. I'd also like a restored version. :)

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
I remember rumors about a new SE from a long time ago... although the current version does have a commentary, and is priced so low that most people who want it have probably already bought it and wouldn't double-dip.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks