What's new

Logan's Run remake? (1 Viewer)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Aint it cool news reports that they may be remaking this movie and that Matt Damon may play Logan.

Not sure what I think abou this. Loved the original. Read the first book which was ok but Matt could be good.
I think it would be better if they went with someone younger.

John Watson

Screenwriter
There's been a thread on this before, and many felt it was a good idea - the costumes and sets of the first one were pretty tacky.

What was the expiry year, 30? How old is Matt Damon anyway?

Who would play the old man, originally done by Peter Ustinov.

Its a great SciFi theme, like Soylent Green, and I wouldn't mind a remake.

John Watson

Screenwriter
21!

Let's see, that would only give us 2 or 3 years of legal drinking? :frowning:

I'd be investin' in running shoes!

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I'm with Kev; I'm fed up with remakes. A slicked-up version of Logan would probably been viable, but so what? It's still the same story. I want new stories. I want American Cinema to venture into uncharted territory.

Even that whole Jesus yarn is starting to wear thin. ;)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

Yes, but Jenny Agutter was in (and out of) one of those costumes. What more do you want? :D

I too am sick of remakes and sequels (plus, for that matter, movies based on comics or old TV shows). Why not a few more original movies, or if there must be something in this genre, how about E.M. Forster's 'The Machine Stops' (the grandaddy of these 'seems to be Utopia but really a dystopia' stories)?

JohnAP

Second Unit
I love the original film, but haven't read the novel. I'm interested in seeing how this project develops.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
The novel has a harder edge to it than the movie. I would love to see a remake that followed the novel closer.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I agree. If they did this as a movie that wasn't a remake of the film but truer to the book, I would be interested.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen

Now now... I'm sure it would be a "re-imagining" and not a remake. I mean, "re-imaginings" are SO much better. :rolleyes

Win Joy Jr

Stunt Coordinator
The book and the movie were very different. A project following the novel would be fantastic.

The backstory about how the society evolved was great. The "sleep gun" was also more interesting, along with the sandmen...

Bring it on, I say...

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I would see it only if they really stuck close to the original novel and rated it R.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks