What's new

Logan's Run BD this year?! (1 Viewer)

Heinz W

Second Unit
Okay, according to the Digitals Bits (Rumor Mill 6-25) Warners has confirmed a Logan's Run BD release for this year with the official announcement and date still to come. Great news!

I can't wait to get some details, specifically regarding a new transfer and possible deleted scenes (if they still exist).

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Upon revisiting the DVD last night, there is a lot of room for improvement. While colors are very good, the image fidelity isn't, and there are too many print defects. Hopefully this will live up to a BR presentation.

Vegas 1

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alvin Kuenster
I never did get the SDDVD since I have the SE WS LD, let's hope it makes it to BR in fine fashion, looking forward to it.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I think it's just a rumor at this point and I don't rely on The Digital Bits for anything.

BillyFeldman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Billy Feldman
I do love the fact that anyone would post the Digital Bits Rumor Mill and then Warners has confirmed. Rumor Mills are just that - official announcements are confirmations.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The bits confirmed the release in their Rumour Mill, so it wasn't just a rumour at that point.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

I don't blame Bill Hunt for studios scuttling releases. Though I guess I do blame him for his unrelenting cheerleading of a format that has studios continually, cavalierly scuttling releases . I feel bad for anyone that saves up to buy into this format based on 'reliable information' of what's coming soon.

As for Logan's Run, he's been rumoring this title for a while, but the same can be said for a lot of others as you can see above.
Great if true, but it won't mean anything until this is actually on my shelf.

Heinz W

Second Unit
Well, there should be an official announcement sometime within the next two months for a 2009 release. Hunt said in a sentence edited in after the fact that Warners *confirmed* the release. I don't see that too often in the Rumor Mill posts. I will give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
That said I rather wait for actual press releases/announcements rather than compared to relying on The Digital Bits.

I hope the BD will have retrospective documentaries and a commentary. Of course the reailer also.

If I were a DVD producer, I wouldn't let The Digital Bits announce ANY of the titles I worked upon.

Heinz W

Second Unit
Paul, in the interest of equal time would you care to show how many times times Mr. Hunt's RM postings turned out to be correct?

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
That goal only seemed to last about 4 months when the concurrent Bd releases of Gig and American In Paris were pushed back 6 months.

BillyFeldman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Billy Feldman

The Bits can't "confirm" anything - it's a rumor until an official announcement is made. See Paul's excellent post above.

Heinz W

Second Unit
So The Bits are right about 70% of the time. No too bad considering his info does NOT come from 'official' studio announcements.

Very true Jeff, they used a terrible print for the DVD transfer. Since we never got a DVD remaster of Logan I would hope that the forthcoming BD will be a big step up in image quality, it certainly should be.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Even for those 35 misses, a post in the rumor mill of TDB usually means at the very least that the studio has worked on prepping an HD master of the film for eventual release. The scheduling of additional authoring (bonus, menus, etc.) and marketing delays may hinder that release from appearing in the time frame indicated in the rumor, but the plan is there to release the title.

Jeff Robertson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff Robertson
The DVD also suffers from very visible compression artifacts and is sharing space with the extras over a single layer, a common practice at the time.

I have no doubt the Blu-Ray will be fantastic though. Having all the SE LD's extras carried over will be nice too. I hope this happens.

Mark Oates

Supporting Actor
Directional sound in Logan's Run - don't they do something with the computer dialogue in the interrogation scenes? Or am I misremembering the trailer?

Logan Five...Five...Five...Five...

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
There is most certainly directional sound on the reissue DVD all over the place, plus effective use of the surrounds for the soundtrack. I don't remember the cue you mention, but during the "circuit" meeting between Logan and Jessica, the directional dialogue is very distinct.

Heinz W

Second Unit
www.blu-ray.com/news/

Well, it's been confirmed for Nov. 3rd. Unfortunately it appears to have the same special features as the ancient DVD. While I'm disappointed with that fact I really don't mind as long as there is a new transfer. If it's a nice clean transfer without all the print defects evident on the DVD I'll be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks