What's new

Loewe tv's (1 Viewer)

Chris Lanni

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christopher
Hi all, does anyone know if there exists a place where you can purchase one of these sets? Aside from brick & mortar. Any online dealers or such?

Thanks

Chris

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
I don't think you'll find a online dealer for the Loewe sets. And frankly it may be best to buy one from a brick and mortar. I purchased a demo Calida set and a problem started to show up five months after the purchase. Because I had an extended warranty, the set was eventually upgraded to a new 30" Aconda wide-screen set. It was upgraded rather than repaired due to the fact that there are few certified repair people for the Loewe sets. Most repair people have never heard of Loewe and can't even pronounce Loewe. If you found an online dealer and purchased a set at whatever discount you may get. The headache of getting it repaired or replaced may be far greater than any discount. But, to each his own.

Good luck.

Chris Lanni

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christopher
Thanks Darrel. Do you know where I can find all the info on the different Loewe sets? Finding a website for them is becoming difficult. How about pricing? Do you like your set, have you had it calibrated, or are their sets so good out of the box that you don't need it? Thanks again for the info.

God Bless
Chris

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
Here is a link.
http://www.loewe.us.com/cda/intro/0,...11-0-0,00.html
I got mine from GoodGuys. Here is a link to their page.
http://www.goodguys.com/srchresults....manufky=290173
Yes, I do like the set. It's one of the best pictures I've seen on any set. I use Avia to setup my set. Using Avia you'll find that even the Loewe sets are not perfect. I had to get into the service menu ( WARNING! WARNING! Do not enter idly.) and reset the sub contrast and reds and blues.
Rule of thumb on entering service menus.
Write down the default setting and save in a safe place. I place mine with the manual. By writing down the default settings. You can always go back to square one! Even if you choose not to enter the service area. There are things you can do to get the best from any set by using Avia.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks