Loewe Calida Cable?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Davis, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Davis

Davis Agent

Just got my new TV yesterday and have it hooked up to DVD, standard digital cable box and VCR.

Time Warner has me back-ordered for an HD cable box, which should come in about 4 to 6 months. The technician told me that I'll need a VGA cable for connection to the HD cable box for the TV to display at 1080i. Does anybody have experience hooking up a Loewe Calida for HD? Is this information correct? Suggestions on the cable and where to get it?

TIA for any suggestions.

2. Darrel McBane

Darrel McBane Second Unit

In order to bypass the internal line doubler of the Loewe set you have to use a VGA connection. Any VGA connector will work as long as it is a 9 pin connector. If you want to get good VGA cables that may or may not improve the picture quality. You can order from BetterCable or any quality cable company that makes various cables. You may want to contact your dealer of the set for recommendations. Or call BetterCable for advise.

Good luck!

3. Davis

Davis Agent

Darrel, thanks for the post. Sounds like the dealer, who told me I need a VGA cable, is giving me good advice. I'll check with BetterCable for their advice and pricing to compare to the dealer's advice/pricing.

Since I bought the TV along with installation (labor), speakers, wire and miscellaneous cables, maybe I can embarrass him into giving me a free one since he overlooked it.