What's new

Loewe Aconda 38 inch DirectView concerns (1 Viewer)

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
My freind at work just bought a new Loewe 38 16/9 TV. He got the one with the BMW paint job, real nice, 5400 retail got it shipped to his house in Columbus, OH from Chicago for 4040.00 good deal. . . .
I have some concerns about this TVs jack pack, only 1 Componet input that can be 480I, 480p, 1080I, RGB, or regular componet. With a progressive scan DVD player I am left with only a RGB VGA input for the STB Zenith HDV420, it outputs VGA/RGB.
Anyone use RGB for HD ? I am surprised that a TV of this magnitude only has 1 componet input, not so simple to setup either Loewes efforts to make it simple actually confuse you and make it so simple that it gets complicated. . .

James Stierman

Stunt Coordinator
I believe that you can onle use the component input or the RGB input but not both. I would use the component or RGB for teh HD in out and use an S-video for the DVD player and let the TV handle the progressive scan.

Jerry Dreiss

Stunt Coordinator
No, you can have both component and RGB at the same time. You can't have component and the S-Video input on Video 1 at the same time.
And as for the Aconda having only one set of component inputs, yes, that is a bummer. Their jack pack is a bit dated. Must stem from Germany not having HD broadcasting. He could also get a component switch box. Do a search of this forum for threads about them.

I noticed a pre-cut rectangle just to the left of the jack pack that looks like, if it was removed, would be a space for adding more inputs. Does anyone know if this set (9383G) has the ability to be upgraded to DVI?
(I know, I'm grasping at straws!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks