What's new

"Lockdown" firewall app for iOS (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Sounds interesting. Until now, the adage applied, if it’s free, you’re the product not the customer.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
You might combine this with the 1.1.1.1 app

You actually can't, because this runs as a VPN profile and you can't run 2 profiles at once.

On that MacRumors link, if you read the comments the developer is posting and answering questions:

"We never monitor or sell your Internet traffic (Lockdown is an on-device firewall, so the data never leaves your device). Since the free version has no server cost or marginal cost per user, we believe that part of the product should be free."

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I look forward to independent third parties confirming that claim. Because VPN-type providers sometimes lie.

I use 1.1.1.1 so I guess can’t use this. And I’m waiting / hoping for CloudFlare’s Warp VPN to come out sooner than later.

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
“Introducing Guardian Firewall for iOS - Guardian Firewall”

https://guardianapp.com/blog/2019/06/introducing-guardian-firewall-for-ios/

This is the service I’ve been waiting to be announced. Unfortunately it’s expensive. I’ve not yet chosen to pay for a vpn. But I keep considering it. Either Guardian or Warp are the two that seem like what I want. But $100/yr is enough to make me really hesitant.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
“Introducing Guardian Firewall for iOS - Guardian Firewall”

https://guardianapp.com/blog/2019/06/introducing-guardian-firewall-for-ios/

This is the service I’ve been waiting to be announced. Unfortunately it’s expensive. I’ve not yet chosen to pay for a vpn. But I keep considering it. Either Guardian or Warp are the two that seem like what I want. But $100/yr is enough to make me really hesitant.

The basic version of Warp is supposed to be free, correct? I've been using 1.1.1.1 and have been waiting for Warp, too...

Last edited:

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I don’t see it yet. I’m still # 400,000 in the wait list.

The wait list doesn't mean anything - it's open to everybody. There's a software update for 1.1.1.1 that gets it for you. I had to update mine manually.

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Yep. I found it. Don’t understand the whole waiting list nonsense.

Looks like it’s $5/mo. Or refer enough friends to get enough free GB’s to meet my monthly usage.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Yep. I found it. Don’t understand the whole waiting list nonsense.

Looks like it’s $5/mo. Or refer enough friends to get enough free GB’s to meet my monthly usage.

The free version is good enough for me...

675E4D1F-6914-4AC3-9C39-88FEC63932E4.jpeg

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’m confused on what the 1GB for referrals is, if bandwidth is unlimited either way. :blink:
It’s been a busy evening, I’ve had no time to dig into Warp.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I’m confused on what the 1GB for referrals is, if bandwidth is unlimited either way. :blink:
It’s been a busy evening, I’ve had no time to dig into Warp.

Warp is free with no bandwidth limitations. Warp+ (the $4.99/month version) is that service but 30% faster. Each referral gets you 1GB worth of Warp+ for free.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Thanks. I was close to deleting it from my devices out of confusion and frustration from their confusing upgrade process.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks