Lock up

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
I have a Panasonic RP-91 dvd player. The past 6 months or so, every now & then, the player with just lock up while playing a movie. Sometimes the picture will freeze for anywhere from 45 seconds to a couple of minutes or I'll lose the picture all together. On occasion it will start back up on its own. Generally when the picture is lost the only way to get any response from the player is to physically shut it off. I've used a disk cleaner thinking maybe that would take care of the problem, but it has'nt. Any ideas outside of just replacing it?

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Great DVD Player Gary, I would certainly try to fix the player before outright replacing it. If you search the forums for RP91, you'll find that gary wayne has a lot of experience moding this model. Maybe he can offer some advice.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
My Philips Q50 did this a couple times in the last month. I could not eject the DVD, power button would not shut it off. I had to unplug the unit for about 30 seconds. plugged it back in and it was OK both times.

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
Is the lens cleaner one of thso discs with a brush on it? If so, my first recommend that you stop using it. Those things can affect the alignment of the lens assembly.

As for your lock-up problem, I'm afraid I can't help, my RP-91 has never had any problems.

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
els