What's new

Loch Ness monster captured on tape? (1 Viewer)

Peter-PP

Stunt Coordinator
The second video clearly shows a very large dark creature undulating swims past the people on the boat, goes underwater and emerges on the other side of the boat. I don't think there are any whales or dolphins in the Loch Ness, are there?

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
No but there are seals and similar creatures, I believe.

I've never been there. I really must try and go this year. A touring holiday in the area would be great.

Peter-PP

Stunt Coordinator
The creature looked much larger than a seal, similar to a whale.

One thing looks a bit suspicious though. The people on the boat screaming sounded American and not a single person with a Scottish accent, unless they were all American tourists.

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor
Why do people insist on continuing to believe in this nonsense? It's been verified by zoologists that that lake doesn't produce enough possible food to support a viable population of large animals.

Peter-PP

Stunt Coordinator
Paul, there are plants/animals out there still waiting to be discovered.

The same things were said about Giant Pandas, Komodo Dragons and Gorillas in the last century until a living specimen was discovered.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Yeah, because no creature could possibly live more than a couple of hundred years :rolleyes:
I guess they are going to have to pull a Monty Burns and just drain the Loch to prove one way or the other. ;)

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I guess what they're going to do with this movie is make it get some "Blair Witch"-style internet talk (lots of people thought that was a true story as well). Release some semi-realistic-looking footage and tie it in with a "mysterious true story cover-up" and maybe some people will believe it.

Are there any genuine news articles about the "boat crash" that supposedly happened on the set of the film (as noted in the website linked above)? A quick search showed nothing about it...

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
There's a difference in the water pattern in front of the thing that's 'swimming' there. Like the surface knew it was coming. A long line, going all the way to the shore.
Also, the film stops too early. Unnecessarily, one would say.

Cees

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The man who provided us with the oft-replicated "photo" of the Loch Ness monster years ago confessed he had faked it. Is there still any doubt about this issue?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
[Mr. Rogers] Now boys and girls.....can you say "RC Submarine"......no?!! Can you say "Scuba Diver with an inner tube."[/Mr. Rogers]

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Rob, I can't speak on Loch Ness, but when my parents lived in Fleet I came over and we toured up the Eastern side of the island, stopping at Cambridge, Duxford, York, and Saint Abbs Head (very highly recommended). We stopped at Hadrian's Wall, went through Edinborough, to Loch Lomond, where we spent two days. The Lochs in Scotland are absolutely beautiful places to visit on holiday. If you get to Loch Lomond I highly recommend the easy hike up Conic Hill on the south side. A nice hike with a spectactular view of the loch and Ben Lomond.

Highly recommended, don't hesitate! I don't know if I'd enjoy the "Loch Ness Monster" crowd at Ness.

Peter-PP

Stunt Coordinator
The "Blair Witch" type hoax had also crossed my mind.

I too doubt that there is really a Loch Ness monster. If there was one, I'm sure it would have multiplied and in many numbers by now and easily and often seen by people.

In the deeper ocean and undiscovered jungles, I'm sure there are many animals still waiting to be discovered and some sadly may never be found at the rate of human destructions.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member

The giant squid, also known as the really big squid, monster squid, and the KRAKEN, was thought to be a mythological monster for several thousand years (artistic renderings exist in archaic Greek pottery), Until a dead one was caught by a fishing boat in the mid 1990's. Since then science has radically changed its tune from "utter nonsense" to "well of course we knew there were giant squids".

As for the videos: I must be missing something, what makes you think these were taken in Loch Ness? The second clip could be in Lake George NY for all we know.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks