What's new

Location of FP Image on Wall (5 Viewers)

BrianMe

Stunt Coordinator
I'm trying to determine the best location for the image of my Infocus 4805 on the wall. Obviously it will be center left-right, but how far off the floor is recommended? My wife and I tend to like to image closer to the floor, with our head level about the 1/3 to 1/2 the way up the screen. It seems like I'm going to have a hard time getting this height when I mount the FP to the ceiling.

BrianMe

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, how high off the floor do you need to mount the Infocus 4805 upside down in order to get that distance? I'm asking from the floor because we all have different ceiling heights.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
My room height is 93" but I had to mount my 4805 on the bottom of my AC duct enclosure. This brought the projector mount 82" from the floor. It is mounted about 14.5' back from the screen. In order to get the right height, I made a metal mounting plate at work that tilts the back of the projector down. The plate is about 15" long and the back is 1.8" lower than the front. I then use nuts on the three mounting screws to level the picture. If I didn't have this duct, I would have moved the projector back for a bigger screen.
:frowning:
Dave

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
It is still under construction, but the bottom will be around 31" from the floor with around 11" from the top to the ceiling. I will have 2 rows of seating and the second row is on a 10" riser. It took some time to get a good compromise between screen size, projector location, 2 seating heights and that duct work in the middle of everything. I have not finished the screen yet, but by projecting on the wall, I think all will work ok.
Dave

BrianMe

Stunt Coordinator
I don't. I will have a single row. I don't want it high, I want it about 30" off the floor. How high do I need to mount my projector off the floor, if projecting a 100" picture? Can anyone answer this?

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
The easiest way to figure this out is to put the projector on the floor under where you are mounting it, and measure from the ceiling down to the top of the screen. You can experiment with different heights and tilting the projector if needed. Once you get your 30" from the ceiling, turn the projector upside down and mount it on the ceiling with the same dimensions and angles. The 30" will be the same from the floor to the bottom of the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks