What's new

Local Home Theater Clubs (1 Viewer)

EricHaas

Supporting Actor
I was wondering if there is any such thing as groups where people meet face to face and talk about the home theater hobby. I don't have too many friends who have this hobby, and if there was some kind of club in the bay area where I live where people get together to talk about it, I would readily go. I don't really know what you would do other than sit and talk about HT/audiophile stuff, maybe arrange the ocassional event at someone's residence where people stop in to watch some flicks and the proprieter gets to see how much other hobbyists appreciate his rig. Is there any such thing as groups like these, or is it strickly an internet thing these days?

J

John Morris

Hi Eric: Local meets are happening all the time... where are you at? You also might even find one happening near you if you look HERE

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
We have a local LI HTF chapter that meets fairly frequently. A number of friendships have formed as a result. I feel that there is a nice core of people in the tri-state area that meets in NYC at least twice a year...not even counting the gala events at Scooter's.

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
Eric, what city are you in?

I'm in the south bay and would love to get to know some other Audio guys in the area.

EricHaas

Supporting Actor
I am in Foster City (30 minutes south of San Francisco for those unfamiliar with the area). If there is a group that gets together anywhere in the bay area, even as far off as the east bay, I'd be interested. It would be fun to get together with some folks who share this hobby.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
That would be a great idea. I'm in San Jose so I'm near Jeff. Although, I'm still waiting for a pre/pro and some surrounds.

EricHaas

Supporting Actor
What I think would be fun is you get a group of 5 - 10 people together. Then once every few months, you have an HT get-together at someone's place, and you rotate who hosts so everyone gets to show off their system. You could do it like on a Saturday afternoon. People could bring food, beer, etc., or the host could supply it. Probably never happen, but would be loads of fun if it did.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks